36 weeks Big question? advice please!

Ill be 37 weeks on saturday and im 1 centimeter dilated i see my doctor every tuesday so today i went and she told me im still 1 centimeter dilated and that she hopes and wants me to be dilated atleast 2 centimeters but that it would be great if i was 3 cent. on my next appointment. I know it takes long for some people to dilate faster and some people wont dilate at all after one cent. without drugs given to you through the ivy. But i was wondering what should i do to try MY best to dilate quicker? Ive heard of rubbing your nipples, walking, and cleaning, but what else can i do???? I clean here and there through out the day and i walk as much as i can but its not alot because im always just here at home.

Oh yeah and is it true you can dilate faster laying in your tub with Hot water??? Well not HOT but warm.

Araceli361

Asked by Araceli361 at 2:12 AM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sex drink a cap full of olive oil green tea thats what i heard
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 2:17 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Im not really doing the whole sex thing because im urinating blood it should stop soon since i got so antibiotics from my doc today
    Araceli361

Answer by Araceli361 at 2:19 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I went to my doctor appt with my 2nd baby 2 weeks before she was due i was dilated to 1 got out of the doctors office and was home by 1:30 i then got my son to sleep and had sex with hubby 15 minutes later at 2:36 i went into labor - sex works great for dilation
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 2:22 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Ive heard of doin squats, or sex, nipple stimulation, eating spicy foods. A gal I work with said she played basketball and went into labor the next day.try to keep busy. just try to be on the go non stop or do something to keep busy busy.
    mgurl

Answer by mgurl at 2:27 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• after my ob stripped my membranes I dialated faster
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• You're only 36 weeks! You have time yet. I was lucky and my son born at 36 weeks was okay, but a friend of mine had a 36 weeker and he had to go to the NICU.

There isn't anything to just make you dilate. Those things are all rumored to start or enhance labor. There are women all the time who are 36 weeks and aren't even dilated one centimeter.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:18 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• there is this herbal tea that is suposed to put you in to labor im sure what it is called and what it really does but im sure if you look online you could find it i dont know if im gonna drink it cause it has to be hot and i have never like hot tea but then again it could be just another wives tale
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 10:48 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I've been at 2cm for the past three weeks. I've tried sex, walking, cleaning, eating spicy foods, you name it I've tried it..... I'm due tomorrow and so far it doesn't look like I'll be in labor anytime soon :-(
    CaylaLU

Answer by CaylaLU at 2:58 PM on Jan. 28, 2009