Skin care "experts"- what will work best for me?

I have tried a number of different products and I am struggling to find something that works. I am blemish prone, tend to be oily in the "T" zone, but product for oily skin dries me out. What I have tried so far has made me break out worse, get red, itchy and more dry. I am trying something new tomorrow, but other ideas in case would be great!

Also suggestions for make-up- particularly foundation would be great too! I am a big girl and sweat easily, but most foundation makes my skin flake.

Please and thank you in advance!

lanimommy81

Asked by lanimommy81 at 2:18 AM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• have u try clinic products
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• have u try clinic products
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I have had problems with my skin on and off for 25 years. I have tried a lot of products in that time, including, retin A, antibiotics, the pill etc.  The last drug store product I used was Neutrogena and it stopped the breakouts but my pores got huge and my skin looked dull and I had to use a heavier moisturiser.

I recently switched to Arbonne products and they are working wonderfully for my skin. I am using the anti-aging products, but all their product range is made without mineral oil which can clog the pores and make you more prone to breakouts. My pores are the smallest they have been in years and my skin has a healthy glow, no more oily T-zone.

AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 2:39 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• (Cont)
    For foundations I recommend anything without mineral oil and for powders anything without talc as they can both clog your pores and make you more likely to break out.

To learn more about the Arbonne production line visit http://www.try.myarbonne.com Save 35% off retail by becoming a consultant for just $29 until Feb 1st .

If you have any questions or would like me to mail you some samples just let me know.
    AussieMum2

• I have a very similar problem and used Proactiv for a few years only to find it made my skin scaly...not something I liked....so..I followed what my dermatologist said years before and tried Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (not to be confused with the Gentle Facial Cleanser) and the Cetaphil daytime moisturizer w/ SPF 15....I could NOT believe the difference it made..I haven't used anything else for 5 years now!

Sathiera

Answer by Sathiera at 2:47 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Thank you ladies for your answers. Anyone else have ideas please keep them coming- I am preparing to have to try more than one thing.

And I HAVE tried Mary Kay, Clinique and a number of "store" type brands. I can't remember the others specifically. I know these products work well for others, they just don't seem to work for me!

Again...thanks in advance!
    lanimommy81

Answer by lanimommy81 at 4:56 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Hi,
    If you would like to try a sample set of our skin care line for your type of skin let me know. I'd be happy to send you a set for free.
    I would suggest our Balance Dynamics. It's for Normal (with T Zone) skin.
    As far as make-up goes you should use something that is moisturizing. A face primer helps make up go on smoother.
    Luv4Jafra

Answer by Luv4Jafra at 1:35 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Most skin problems are solved with PROPER NUTRITION! Make sure your body gets everything it needs, eat healthy, exercise and take vitamins, and you'll see a change!
    Anonymous

• I agree most skin problems can fxed with proper nutrition, The skin is often called "your third kindey" Because It pushes a lot of toxins out through the skin. Also stay away from too many sweets. I've been drinking Raw organic apple cider vinegar (2 tbs mixed with water and a bit of maple syurp) And I have no more skin problems , The ACV kills a lot of bacteria in your system. Anyway keep it simple, too many commercial skin care products have a lot of chemicals and often worsen the problem.
    prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 6:09 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I highly suggest the book "The Perricone Perscription". I had the WORST skin from the time I was 19 to about 23, when I discovered this book.
    Not only will your skin heal, but you will lose weight also, which to me was a bonus.
    Acne is like diabetes of the skin. Some people (like me) can't process sugar through our systems the way we are supposed to, resulting in bad skin.
    Also, instead of using ACNE products, try using anti-aging products. They focus on repairing and regenerating the skin, instead of drying it out (which is what acne products do).
    Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
    Blue_Orchid

Answer by Blue_Orchid at 2:31 AM on Jan. 29, 2009