Poll: Better gift: Diaper cake or diaper bag?

I'm going to a baby shower this weekend and I want to give her something really nice. I've been thinking about making her a diaper cake and decorating it according to her theme with stuff off her registry, but I'm unsure if it will be a good idea. If I don't do that, I think I'll just get the diaper bag off her registry and fill it with other registry items. Can I please have a few opinions as to which would be the better gift? Any responses are very appreciated! :-)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Shopping

• If I were the recipient, I think I would like the bag better, it's more useful in the long run. However, they would both be really great gifts.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:16 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• diaper bag

JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 3:38 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Both are great.
    Depends what you put on the diaper cake.
    But for continued long term use,the diaper bag would be best.
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 5:31 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• A girl friend of mine did something like your diaper bag idea -- she got a baby bath and filled it with items. (She wrapped it in a mesh or gauze, like people would wrap a gift basket, gathered at the top) I loved it. It was a great gift, and the presentation was lovely.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 5:46 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• diaper bag is more practical but the diaper cakes are really cute (I got one at my baby shower). I am sure she will be happy with whichever one you get.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:25 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Diaper bag! I love diaper bags, you can never have to many
    TammyG.

Answer by TammyG. at 3:34 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Diaper bag, without a question! And with you filling the bag, it's like 2 gifts in one!
    L_Bass

Answer by L_Bass at 3:43 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• i have to say diaper cake it's original and personal.
    teresalangston

Answer by teresalangston at 7:28 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• diaper cake i got a million diaper bags but only one diaper cake! it was wonderful
    mamaof2boys148

Answer by mamaof2boys148 at 9:04 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• bag, bag, bag all way. my son is 13 months and my diaper cake is still put together. i'm trying to get rid of it. never used it. it just collected dust. you can use a bag for a million things.
    Anonymous