What does dark baggy eyes on toddlers mean?

She was sick these past couple days. Is it because of that? My hubby says it's because she hasn't been eating well so it's malnourishment to cause those bagginess in the eyes. I say she hasn't been eating well since she was sick so it couldn't be malnourishment especially on couple of days. Who is right? I was thinking of allergy, too, but she hadn't eat anything new.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 AM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Health

• It could be a number of things. If she has been sick, then it could be from not eating. Or she may not be getting quality sleep because of the sickness, which could cause the bags. Also, if she has been throwing up or having diarrhea, then it could be dehydration. If her mouth is really dry or she has not been peeing as often, or her pee is really dark..then talk to her doctor. If she is dehydrated, then this is serious. But, dehydration will also cause dark circles and bags under a child's eyes.
    Nicollynne

Answer by Nicollynne at 4:33 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• My daughter got the same thing a couple of weeks ago when she was sick. I think it was from lack of sleep b/c she was up most of the night before.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 8:06 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I would make sure that she is getting enough water to drink. Cola's, juices, etc have alot of sugar and are hard on the kidneys and bladder, not to mention the teeth. Keeping her kidneys and bladder clear will help her body flush toxins as well as help her clear her colon which also holds toxins.
    You can go to Mayo clinic online and do symptom research. Hope she feels and looks better soon. ;)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 8:52 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Also just be careful. I just read in the current "First" magazine that this along with flu like symptoms can mean Carbon Monoxide poisioning. Do you have a CO detector in the house? All floors should have one!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:30 AM on Jan. 28, 2009