Anyone need to borrow this?

Off to do assorted things, but I'm sure this will come in handy when the official "I wasn't spoiled enough for Mother's Day" questions and group posts start rolling in.

Funny Sympathy Ecard: I'm sorry your husband didn't go into debt for Mother's Day and the handmade gifts from your children weren't good enough.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 12:42 PM on May. 13, 2012 in Just for Fun

• I saw on the news the other night that the average American spends $150 for mother's day. I was floored!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 12:48 PM on May. 13, 2012

• my homemade gifts were enough, i love them
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:49 PM on May. 13, 2012

• hahaha...not me!

breakfast was good, not stellar or award-winning Chefery..but good, and well-intended. eggs benedict, minus the cayenne..as i woke up feeling not-so-swift in the tummy region.
    i received a balloon bouquet rather than flowers..because, and i quote ds, ''i like balloons better.'', and a sudoku puzzle book..again, i quote the ds, ''these are like secret codes, mom!''
    the sun is shining, the tank is clean, i have enjoyed a quiet morning, DIY television and the normal hum of the laundry room. all in all, a great Mother's Day.
    no complaints here!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:49 PM on May. 13, 2012

• I have never felt this way, everyday appreciation and love is good enough for me, flowers and other gifts are only a sugar topping.....the best gift they can give me is respect and love daily not just on the one day. But It is funny!!!!!

Answer by older at 12:50 PM on May. 13, 2012

• I have mother days hand made cards from my kids and they are old and yellow, but I still treasure everyone of them....

Answer by older at 12:51 PM on May. 13, 2012

• sidesplittinglaughter

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:54 PM on May. 13, 2012

• Hearing my son say "Happy Mother's Day, Mom" and giving me a kiss is the best gift to receive. I don't need anything material.

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 1:00 PM on May. 13, 2012

• I don't need material gifts at all. My son's hugs and thoughtfulness enough.
    iwicked

Answer by iwicked at 1:11 PM on May. 13, 2012

• This household didn't come close to the $150.00 average. It's been a good day. Kids are healthy and happy, and hubs and I are blessed and grateful that they are with us. We don't need anything.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:17 PM on May. 13, 2012

• My kids have always given me a card, usually handmade and then they make dinner for me. I like it a lot. (They always use the food I have already got too. lol
    Sad note is that DGS is with his mom instead of me today, as it should be but I am still sad lol.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:21 PM on May. 13, 2012