If all you sent to your kid(same town) was a birthday card for their birthday(May 4th)

(nothing in the card),would you expect your kid to go all out for you for Mother's Day,or would you be appreciative of the card you received?

NOT ME,it's 2 other family members

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 4:59 PM on May. 13, 2012 in Relationships

• seems to me that she didnt even deserve a thought on Mothers Day after acting that way!
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 7:41 PM on May. 13, 2012

• I would be thrilled to be acknowledged. I don't expect my kids to spend their $ on me. Gift giving is not a tit-for-tat thing, you give b/c you want to, not to expect something in return when it's your turn.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:01 PM on May. 13, 2012

• Just being thought of is good enough.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:03 PM on May. 13, 2012

• it's my aunt and cousin
    my aunt's whole world is her other kid. This one,in the question, tries to get some time alone with her mom,and she'll bring the other sister along. She'll call her mom and all she talks about is the other one. My aunt makes her feel like crap. She got the birthday card in the mail. When she called to say thanks,all my aunt talked about was the other daughter.
    my aunt was going on a tirade this morning,called her daughter a bitch for just sending a card.

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 5:08 PM on May. 13, 2012

• That's terrible! I don't understand how anyone can play favorites w/ their children. I feel very sorry for the dau who is snubbed. Since you see it, I hope you can help befriend your cousin. It won't replace the loss of a mother's love, but surrounding yourself w/ those who value you & love you helps the self esteem. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:17 PM on May. 13, 2012

• I would be happy for the card.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:28 PM on May. 13, 2012

• call her out (your aunt). the girl she makes feel like crap should call her out too.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 5:40 PM on May. 13, 2012

• She needs to tell her mother exactly how she feels. If her mother continues in the same behavior the daugher needs to start to distance herself from the negativitiy and toxic behavior.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:47 PM on May. 13, 2012

• tght that count
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 10:08 PM on May. 13, 2012

• I card is showing they thought of you, people dont need to have gifts on their birthday and same goes for Mothers Day
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:18 AM on May. 14, 2012