What is the cheapest thing you've done?

I picked the meat out of left over chicken and dumplings and used it again the next day.

mrssullivan

Asked by mrssullivan at 6:57 AM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I wash out my plastic sandwich bags and reuse them, those things are expensive!!
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 9:46 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Ok now that's disgusting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:28 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Ewwww
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Used paper towels instead of toilet paper for a week until payday, LOL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Well, it doesn't seem that bad to me. Although chicken and dumplings are so good that it's hard to imagine not eating them all. nom nom nom

I guess the cheapest thing I do is after I've taken all the meat off of a chicken or turkey carcass I put the bones in a pot of water and cook the bones for soup and stock. Throw out the bones, pour the liquid through a sieve, chill the broth so that the fat hardens and can be lifted off, and I have the start of soup. My mom taught me this.

Answer by Bmat at 8:56 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• cut the dryer sheets in half? I don't really do cheap things, I guess. We live fairly frugally to begin with.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:18 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• hmmmm...I shred old paper and make new paper for homemade birthday cards...I'e rinsed the sauce off of sausage and pappers and used the sausase in a white herb sauce with pasta and left over broccoli...there's gotta be more I am SOOOO cheap!

Oh I darn socks. Yes you read correctly. I have the little wooden egg and I darn our socks when they get holes in them.
    dharmas_mommy

Answer by dharmas_mommy at 9:20 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I don't know what I personally that is cheap, not to much...However, I have a friend whose grandmother would reuse the rinse water when she was washing clothes.....
    mattandjosmom

Answer by mattandjosmom at 9:40 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• How are sandwhich bags expensive? I get the best choice ones.

I guess the cheapest thing I do is wipe my baby every time he pees but that's also not good, it can chafe the baby. I water down dishsoap so it will stretch...lol.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:47 AM on Jan. 28, 2009