strep

my hubby just only got on amoxicillin yesterday. but he has had strep for almost a wk. how long do you think it would take someone else in the house to get it.. i drank off of his beer a few days ago and also always take drinks off of his drinks and of course kissing.

pinkanfgrl

Asked by pinkanfgrl at 7:38 AM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Health

• Depends on if he was contagious when you shared. You shouldn't drink after him and kiss when you now he has strep, commom sense. I get strep at least once a year and my son has never gotten it. Just depends on the people, some people never get it. I wouldn't go kissing on my kid if i were you and letting your husband do the same.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 8:16 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• ya im the same way i get strep at least twice a yr. no i have been keeping lil one away from him. and he wont share his drinks and kisses lol
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 8:18 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Ok, that's good. But i'd say if he's had if for a week than you should have symptoms by now.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 8:20 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Close contact with strep: The child lives in a home where a sibling, parent or other household member has a throat culture or rapid-strep test that is positive for strep throat. Usually the contact is within the previous 7 days (Reason: incubation period for strep is 2 to 5 days).
    Limited contact with strep: Exposed to someone outside the home with a positive strep test.
    Sometimes the contact is with a person who was treated for clinical symptoms of a strep infection without any culture or testing.
    If the contact was with someone taking antibiotics for over 24 hours, they are not contagious.
    Throat cultures and rapid strep tests aren't urgent. Most can be done in your doctor's office.
    Return to School

Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:32 AM on Jan. 28, 2009