Any moms parents to preschoolers that refuse...

To go to school? My daughter is 3 years old and "loves" school. She goes to a special school befor regular school because of her medical problems. But this past week she has been screaming and kicking and yelling she just wants to sleep. So Monday I didn't even send her to school she was being so bad. I put her back to bed and she didn't wake up until NOON!!! Now today she had school again, and was doing the SAME thing. She is acting out of charcter, she has NEVER done this befor. Have any of you went through this, and how long does it typically last?

Oh yes, and my daughter has a set schedule, she goes to bed EVERY night at 8:00 p.m. Even on non-school nights. I am going to call her neurologist, I think she may be having seziures in her slumber again. Any advice will be appreciated!

ali_1107

Asked by ali_1107 at 7:58 AM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• That sounds like a medical issue more than a behavioral issue. I think youre doing the right thing by taking her in. Sleeping all day doesnt sound normal. GOod luck.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:14 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• my son did that for a while....but he didn't mind going to school he just didn't want to ride the bus. come to find out a little girl that rides his bus hit him in the face and the bus driver didnt' do anything about it....there might have been some thing happen at school that she didn't like so much and doesn't want it to happen again...you might try asking her about what happened or if anything happened. hope this helps:)
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 1:15 PM on Jan. 28, 2009