Have you or your spouse/so had to think "Out of the Box" for Job Ideas/Opportunities?

A sour economy can bring up creative and inventive ways to make a living.
have you done anything beyond the normal to find, keep, or build your job/business?
Have you made a career field change?
Are you studying a field you never imagined you would be studying in hopes of getting a job?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 AM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• My dh lost his job in June and got a new one in Jan. He works for a company that does inventory for large companies like toysrus, babiesrus, and walmart. Its completely different then the fiber optics field he was in. So yeah changing career paths lol.

Answer by gemgem at 8:13 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I am looking at going back to school in a field entirley different than the business I currently have. Not sure if it is the economy or the evolution of my business mind.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:23 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• As my youngest will be starting full-day Kindergarten in the fall (YAY!), it so happens that I will be working as a substitute teacher--my degrees are in the Health Sciences fields--but that 4 year degree is all that is necessary. If all goes well, I'll consider going back to school to get my state teaching certificate, and become a regular teacher (hubby could do the same if he wanted). Teaching may not pay much, but the hours/schedule allow you to pick up an extra part-time job, and the benefits are great, and there will ALWAYS be a need for teachers--especially specialists like speech therapists.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:30 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Yes, I am thinking of creative ways to make money. My husband still has his job but we could use more income. I was thinking of doing freelance editing, but I don't know how that would work and I do some photography as well. Unfortunately pictures are not something people are paying boocoos of money for right now. I was thinking of doing some for realtors. They always need pictures. We shall see.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:12 AM on Jan. 28, 2009