I just want to snuggle her.

DD is sick, she's 9 months and has a pretty bad cold. Been to dr and she's just got a virus. I give her motrin and she sleeps alot. Unfortunately she dosen't want to cuddle. When DS was sick as a baby I would get absolutely nothing accomplished in my day because he just wanted to be cuddled. DD dosen't. If I try she squirms and cries until I put her in her jumperoo. Then she falls asleep and wakes up seeming a bit better. Not ideal but it seems to work. I wish she'd let me snuggle her and comfort her. What works for your baby when their sick?

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 8:48 AM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My oldest loves to cuddle with me...my youngest wants nothing to do with me. The only person she wants is her father.
    Lacey1012

Answer by Lacey1012 at 8:50 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I'm my daughter's favourite, we joke about it, DH will say oh she's such a daddy's girl and DD will make a face at him or grunt or something. lol Then she'll smile at me. She snuggles when she's feeling well. I guess she just want's to be left alone when she's sick.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 8:54 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Lucky you, my youngest daughter is so mean to me and her sister. Then the second daddy walks in the door she hugs him and gives me the stink eye...lol. Ooo...she can be nasty though. But I love her regardless....
    Lacey1012

Answer by Lacey1012 at 8:57 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• My youngest liked cuddling, but the oldest didn't. I remember when he was about 1, it was bed time so I sat with him in a rocker with the idea of a relaxing rocking time, he let me rock him about 5 seconds and announced "enough" and squirmed off. Some little ones just aren't cuddlers, I guess.

Answer by Bmat at 8:59 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• How about a warm bath to calm her and have sit with her bottle of cup on your lap, sing to her. It bothers me when my kids aren't in the mood to cuddle too! Hope she feels better
    2Kiddies4Me

Answer by 2Kiddies4Me at 11:59 AM on Jan. 28, 2009