Do you think that EVERYONE.....

is prejudiced in some way? Whether it is towards a certain race/gender/religion/etc? Can you admit to having certain prejudices?

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 9:26 AM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sure - I don't like tall people.

SERIOUSLY

For really, really, real.

Most tall people I know have drunk the kool-aid that height makes right.

I'm also not a huge fan of Canadians.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 9:36 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• i think everyone is prejudices again something/someone. i am prejudices against ignoriant people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Yes, everyone is prejudiced, whether they want to be or not or whether they stay it or keep it to themselves. It's human nature. However, I believe that you can overcome certain prejudices. Just because you are prejudice about one thing now doesn't mean you can't change your mind after learning the facts or getting to really know someone/something you are prejudice against.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:43 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I think everyone is prejudice to a certain extent whether they will admit it or not.

sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:43 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Perjudice is fear. Fear of the unknown. Fear that the "others" have something you do not, or will take or get something you want or need, or will harm you in some way. Once you get to know the "others" that you are prejudiced against, you will learn that they are not so different from yourself after all, and we are all humans, and some are likable or even lovable.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 10:15 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I hate stupid people- does that count?
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:29 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I think so but I dont think that everyone has a prejudice that overwhelms them or that controls them.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 10:32 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I'm prejudiced against stupid people, too and those that refuse to learn about the reason they're prejudiced. Prejudices really are DUMB. And if I ever catch myself judging someone based on an "outward" appearance, I always try to catch myself and ask why I feel such and such a way. And it almost always stems from the fact that I just don't know, or there's something about myself I'm not happy with. So, it's just a light bulb letting me know I need to go find out.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 10:57 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• i'm not sure i'd say everyone has prejudices, as much as i'd say everyone has 'fears'...fears of the unknown, fears of becoming something they see in others that they don't want for themselves, whether its physical or charactistic. the word 'prejudice' has such a hateful connotation..fear is more personal, and not necessarily something bad directed at others.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:11 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I don't know if everyone has prejudices as much as they have intolerance for certain types of people.

Ignorant people annoy the shit out of me and I have almost no tolerance for them.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 11:13 AM on Jan. 28, 2009