Is there really a god?

then why are so many children going to bed hungry? why are so many children physically/mentally and sexually abused? why are those of us who have faith in him and follow his teachings, have never committed crimes, always help our neighbors; why are we going through such difficult times where wwe can hardly feed our children? why is god allowing all this to happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Because God created you and he loves you...just like you created your children and you love them and so you allow them to suffer horrible things all the time, right? Oh, you don't? You mean, if your children were hurting or in pain or in need you would help them and try to stop their pain and meet their need? Well, that's not very Godly at all, is it? Which is why I'm an atheist because if I treated my children the way 'God' treats his...I'd be in jail for child abuse. Chew on that for a while...
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 11:47 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Yes, there is a god.
    As for the other questions, it is mankind allowing children to go to bed hungry, be abused and neglected.
    Not once does God promise that your life will be easy. He promises to never leave you and to help you if you ask.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 9:29 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• In my opinion, no there isn't.  Shit happens!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:30 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• SusieD250 Not once does God promise that your life will be easy. He promises to never leave you and to help you if you ask.

so you think those kids being abused don't ask god for help? I ask god every day for help feeding my kids. we ask but no help. when i was being abused i pray to god every night that my molestor wouldn't walk in my room.. didn't get any help there either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I think gods are a concept that ancient people breathed life into to explain how they existed.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 9:41 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I don't know, I do believe there is a higher power but man has free will so bad things will always happen.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:42 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Yes there is a God, and you can't have it both ways...meaning you cannot have a God who only allows the good and not the bad, or a God who allows free will. People have choices and unfortunately OUR choices have consequences. But God is a God of forgiveness and love and so when we make bad choices He is there to pick us up forgive us and hope we have learned our lesson and not repeat our mistakes!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 9:43 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• God answers all prayers, you may not like what he says, but he answers you. What did you do to help yourself? Did you ever consider that God was giving you answers that you chose not to accept?
    If you choose not to believe in God, that is your right. But, why are you on here questioning if there is a God and then getting mad when someone says yes? I don't know why you lived like you did, but blaming God isn't the answer.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 9:43 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• God is not an ATM.

My faith in God does not give my Oma back her sight, does not make me thin, does not make more money fall into my bank account. My faith gives me strength to face the difficulties in life and hope for a better one.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 9:43 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• All people, including children, are born into sin. The sin of Adam and Eve infected each succeeding generation, leading to the suffering and consequences that sin produces.

God may have many reasons for allowing the godly to experience suffering. Life will always seem unfair when we measure it by earthly standards of health, wealth, and power. But when we encounter God in a personal way we can gain a heavenly perspective.

Although God will always be in control, many things in creation seem out of control because God doesn't force his "subjects" to worship him.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:49 AM on Jan. 28, 2009