what should we do?

okay to everyone that remembers my post on my dad and his kidney failure yesterday: my sister lives in georgia her hubby is in the military and she wants to come home. well he had his first treatment yesterday and the doc said it went well. but we are not real hopeful cuz in the same breath he told us his kidneys have been failing for awhile. she wants to come home incase something happens but at the same time i don't know cuz if the treatments are working i don't want him being overwhelmed with people he hasnt seen in a while suddenly coming home that might take his hopes and spirit away and make him think it may be worse then it is and he may just give up. he has been fighting for a long time and i know he is tired. do you think she should come or wait a bit and see what happens?

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 9:27 AM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yepp i would have her come home, there is nothing like having loved ones and people who care when your sick. AND if something does happen at least your sister got to spend extra time with him. Ya know? Which hopefully he only gets better!!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:59 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• It might cheer him up to see his daughter! I think she should come visit!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Hi, Jodi. Thank you for the update. I think that she should come home. He may gain strength from having family members come by. I know my dad was very grateful for attention that he got from the family when he got sick. Dad's family meant everything to him, and that they would make the trip to come see him meant the world to him.

Answer by Bmat at 9:31 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Jodi, let sis come down. Please understand your daddy would love the both of you there.Peace...
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 9:32 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I gotta say I agree with the other ladies here. He won't take it as a bad omen. He will be grateful that everyone is concerned and wanted to see him.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 9:34 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• thanks ladies i just want to do what is best for him and i don't want him getting the wrong idea it has been a long time since his whole family was in the same place at the same time i am the only one that has been there to do what ever they needed i just didn't want to overwhelm him/
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:41 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• You're doing a great job. You should be so proud of the way you are taking care of things. Teens, toddler and parents? Wow you are so strong, I wish I could be that strong.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 9:47 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• and i agree with jareda69
    krazyash023

• When our family members have been ill (I lost 2 Grandparents in a span of 5 days) we have always encouraged people to be around. It not only brightened their spirit, but it comforted those of us that were close to the person.
    It would be good for your sister to come down, your dad would love to see her, and she may be a welcome support system for you. Even if your dad turns out to be okay, he may need treatment for a while, and it would be nice for your sister to be able to help with some of that.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 10:00 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• to all of you wonderful people. i just talked to my sister and we decided she is going to come so ihave to make a few phone calls her hubby is active duty and they would have to have drs. red cross message sent so i have to go make calls i will let you know what happens. you don't know how much better talking to you guys makes me feel. thank you and krazy and jareda love ya girls.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:03 AM on Jan. 28, 2009