I had a dream last night that we adopted an 8 year old boy.

I have two children and am not in the position to have another- nor do I really want another right now. We have talked about in around 5 years or so considering adopting an older child with Autism- like our son but not now... What is with this dream? Was it just a dream or was it a sign we should move forward. The child in the dream was not even what we had in mind! He was a typical child who was of a completely different race than us! (I have no problem with that it's just not what we had been imagining when we talked about it KWIM?) Anyway it was just wired.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on May. 14, 2012 in Adoption

• Imagine the hope and possibilities that gives someone that would otherwise languish in foster care and be lost to the system. Just saying....you should do it.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 11:24 AM on May. 14, 2012

• We really want to I am just not sure now is the time...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:26 AM on May. 14, 2012

• Not sure if your dream is a "sign" or just a sign of something that exists in your consciousness. Maybe that image is a sign that you really want adoption for your family, but I would use more than a dream to decide if now is the right time. Maybe he is an image from the near or distant future, so do what you feel is best for your family.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 4:59 PM on May. 18, 2012

• Maybe it was just a dream. But maybe it was a glimpse of possibilities. How wonderful would that be?
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 4:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2012