and so it begins.....freedom of speech is only for those who agree with the dems...

The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee has launched an online petition to express outrage at conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh for saying he wanted President Obama to "fail."

OMG! If this had worked in the reverse Hollywood would be non existant by now! Are you serious?! I don't care what a pompus windbag the man may be it is still his right to say this! I am quickly coming to the conclusion that with the Dems its freedom of speech....as long as the speech agrees with them!

Do you think that is ok? Would you want YOU Senators to sign this for the reasons they are stating?

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 9:46 AM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• blah blah blah all over again
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• You wouldn't be cavalier if it was  YOUR blah blah blah was being silenced.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:50 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Welcome to CHINA...or Russia....or....(well you get the picture)
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 9:54 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• But the media can be amazing-that may have only been part of the interview and the media can jump on it..it's gotten to the point that ANYTHING the media comes out with I feel I need to do research on,I just don't trust I'm getting the whole truth!
    BonJovilover

Answer by BonJovilover at 9:54 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• The remarks came after Limbaugh said last week on his radio show: "If I wanted Obama to succeed, I'd be happy the Republicans have laid down. I don't want this to work. So I'm thinking of replying to this guy, say 'okay, I'll send you a response, but I don't need 400 words, I need four: I hope he fails'."

He doesn't want it to work. Fair enough. I don't want HIM to work either.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 9:54 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• No, I believe that freedom of speech belongs to everyone, regardless of their opinion.
    I for one, did not vote for Obama, but I would like to see him succeed for the good of our Country, but everyone is entitled to their own opinions. They should not be silenced by anyone.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 9:54 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• It's just a petition to EXPRESS OUTRAGE...they're not asking him to stop talking. Geez. Chill out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• And, once again, this is how Socialism turns in to Communism, and people are left scratching their heads saying "how'd that happen?!?!"

It's the Boiling Frog Theory!

The theory goes, if you put a live frog in a pot of boiling water he'll jump right out! But, if you put a live frog into a pot of cold water, and slowly bring the water to a boil, you'll cook him to death before he realizes what happened.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:55 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• What are they going to do-put duct tape on his mouth-no. Its just a petition. There are bigger things to worry about right now than rush.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Leave it to an Anon... Clueless. I am with ya momo. Freedom of speech may only apply to Democrats. Funny how Republicans NEVER tried to enact a silencing law. Ohh wait, that is because liberal radio does NOT generate money because it has little to no fan base!

What I also don't get is that they (Democrats) have stated interest interest in adding XM radio to "Fairness Doctrine". I pay to subscribe, how can they take that away from me?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:56 AM on Jan. 28, 2009