Any warnings for terrible baby products?

Did you buy any baby stuff that was a total waste of money in your opinion? What was it, why did it suck? Thanks =)

Apr1l

Asked by Apr1l at 9:47 AM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I didn't find our diaper genie very useful. My sister warned me that I wouldn't but I didn't listen. I just never found myself changing the baby upstairs (where we had the changing table) so I did not get much use out of it.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 9:52 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• wipe warmer, my mil bought it for us, and by the time i got the wipe to the baby not 6inchs away its cold, better buy the plastic tubs the wipes come in
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 10:11 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• a changing table. It sat in the corner by the stairs and collected things but nothing baby wise. I changed my baby in what ever room we were in.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:32 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• pacifiers my daughter only took them when my mil was around if she was at home she was happy told me a little something about how my husband was raised, bottle warmer my daughter was always to hungry to wait so we started using the microwave its quicker, mess tub thing my DD slid out of it
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 10:59 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I agree with the diaper wipe warmer. All it does is dry them out. I also got a few sleep positioners from my sister that we never used.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 11:05 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• sleep positioners ere absolutely useless.. we got a changing table that had drawers and converts to a dresser so that solved the changing table dilemma.
    Pampers Baby Dry diapers are poor quality and not at all absorbent.. and I'm a pampers fan!! Love the swaddlers and cruisers but don't bother with the baby dry ones,luvs are better!
    Never had a bottle or wipes warmer so to me those are useless too.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:47 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• The sleep positioner is bullshit, really. One, it's not recommended because of the risk of SIDS...which sucks because I got one at my baby shower. (why sell them if they're a huge risk?!) Two, every time I even attempted to use it with my daughter, she slid down in between the wedges and I freaked out because I thought she would suffocate.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:33 PM on Jan. 28, 2009