UGH!! Car insurance hassles suck!

Its been about 2.5 MONTHS since a young teen driver backed into our van in a parking lot. We FINALLY got her insurance to agree to cover the repairs and rental car while repairs are being done and we FINALLY got a check in the mail saturday so we can take our van in to get fixed and now i'm trying to set up the rental car and the place they made us a reservation with is 3hrs away and they don't deliver to our area! So either we have to drive to their closest office which is still about 2hrs away or we're just screwed with getting a rental vehicle! And the body repair shop wanted to start the repairs this week but that's probably not gonna happen now... Sigh, i hate dealing with this stuff, my dh should be the one to talk to them and deal with everything since HE was the one driving at the time of the accident (i wasn't even in the car, he and oldest dd were picking up lunch at a drive-thru when the dumb chick backed into them, thankfully dd wasn't hurt or anything!). But he is out of town for work right now and i'm stuck calling all these places and trying to figure this crap out, UGH :P Thanks for letting me vent... and to make this a question, Have you ever had to get a rental car? and if so was it pretty painless or a PITB like this?

DreainCO

Asked by DreainCO at 12:50 PM on May. 14, 2012 in Travel

• Stick with your panda.  You're right; it's sort of boring at first but eventually you get THIS spell which is so awesome I can't even describe it

BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 3:04 PM on May. 15, 2012

• I think it is crap that they set you up with a company that was 3 hours away. I hate dealing with car insurance companies.
    I was rear ended last year and had to get my truck fixed. Thankfully the other drivers insurance was awesome and I had no problem getting it fixed and getting a rental car while it was being fixed. Hugs mama, I hope you get it worked out!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:59 PM on May. 14, 2012

• Did they set you up with a nationwide company? I would debate on how long the car was going to be in the shop, and then if it were only a couple of days, I would wait until my husband got home and share the other car,, longer I guess I would have to make the trip,, seems unreasonable to me, to make the reservation so far away,, I hate insurance.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:54 PM on May. 14, 2012

• we don't have another vehicle at all, he is on a company vehicle right now, that's why we HAVE to get a rental car, i guess if we wait another 2 weeks or so we could get by without one cause the kids will be out of school and dh can use his work vehicle if he absolutely has to... this is all just so frustrating!
    DreainCO

Comment by DreainCO (original poster) at 12:58 PM on May. 14, 2012

• I've never had such issues. I have only dealt with my insurance company... it we are not at fault they pay 100% then they go after the other drivers insurance. If we are at fault we pay our deductible and get the car fixed. All pretty seamless. I've never had to deal with they other persons insurance. Rentals have been easy as well... our insurance recommends a local place, and it's been pretty painless. Sorry you are getting a run-a-round. Hope that gets better for you!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:12 PM on May. 14, 2012

• Yep, we have. We had to take our car to the dealership for some kind of repair that would take about 24 hours. The dealership told us, and gave us in writing, that if any routine repairs took longer than 2 hours they would provide us with a rental car. We had to fight the dealership on that point, until we showed them in writing where they told us that. Then we HAD to go through Enterprise (never again). The dealership told US to return the rental the next morning. They told Enterprise we'd return it that night. Long, frustrating story short Enterprise charged us double what they quoted, caused us to overdraft our account, and it was a HUGE headache getting even part of the money back.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:19 PM on May. 14, 2012

• ask the body shop if they have any kind of rental program (many offer free rentals), and contact your insurance company and make them work with you on something reasonable.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:27 PM on May. 14, 2012

• But....but.....Diablo III!!!!

:D

That said, I have had to do this and, yes, it was a PITB. You pay a nice chunk of change for that option (rental) and they just jerk you around
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 1:39 PM on May. 14, 2012

• LMAO Brawnwyn! So what you're saying is we can expect to not see you around here for the next few weeks once D3 hits tonight? :P
    DreainCO

Comment by DreainCO (original poster) at 2:42 PM on May. 14, 2012

• I'm the only person in the known universe who doesn't like Diablo III. I was in the beta and it's boringggggggg.

However, I'm loving MoP so you still won't see me over the next few weeks LOL
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 3:42 PM on May. 14, 2012