What do you do if you were saved at the time of your marriage and your new husband STILL lives an unsaved lifestyle?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would think trying to push your beliefs on your husband would not be the way to go. Let him see the difference in you and see how you live your live. Leave it to God to soften his heart and turn him around. Afterall, we are not hear to convert people, but to be examples. Keep praying and be persistent in your prayers. God will always meet you where you are at and be there for you. Maybe your church has a great pastor or his wife that you can talk to for support. That may help. Find a great circle of Christian friends, if you do nto have any, to be there too and to pray with you. Prayer works!
    IsaacMom2007

Answer by IsaacMom2007 at 10:13 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• That's me - lots of prayer and love and letting his free will meet up with my unstoppable will.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 10:10 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• How long ago were you married? Did you express to him at the time of your marriage how important his being a Christian is to you?

Encourage him by showing him the ways that knowing Christ has improved your life. Find examples from other's he cares about too. Don't nag him about it - it's not a decision you can make for him. All you can do is lead him to water by being an example.
    Katrinka_Renee

Answer by Katrinka_Renee at 10:16 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Huh?
    YOu mean saved as in christian saving?

Lead by example if its that important to you. No amount of prodding or nagging will do anything. Let your spouse come to his spirituality on his own and dont freak if he doesnt agree with you.
    REmember, you married him as is.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 10:32 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Your question prompted me to find out what the Bible says about this. At the risk of getting "preachy," I looked this up on BibleGateway.com....

1 Peter 3:1-2 "Wives, follow the lead of your husbands. Suppose some of them don't believe God's word. Then let them be won to Christ without words by seeing how their wives behave. Let them see how pure you are. Let them see that your lives are full of respect for God." (New International Readers Version)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I don't think it's really your choice if your husband lives the way YOU think he should... You chose to marry him. If you didn't approve of his choices then you shouldn't have married him. But to now expect him to change because you want him to is wrong.

If you have concernes about his actions you need to talk to him. But you can't think that because YOU choose to live a certian way that he is going to also...

Seek compainoinship from those with similar beliefs and hope your husband will follow suit. But all you can do is make an example.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:45 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Pray to God and ask God to work on your husband. Other than that, you have to just "let go". Lead by example. Do what you know you need to do to follow God and try not to let it bother you. My husband never goes to church with me but I know he believes in God. He just believes his own way. But just last Sunday, after I came home, he said he wouldn't mind coming with me to check it out once. And I haven't said a word to him about it. lol. So, just let him decide on his own.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 10:49 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I think it's an issue that should've been addressed before the two of you married. Each of you are entitled to your own beliefs and because he is your husband, you have to honor that. If, in time, he decides to follow your lead and become a saved Christian, so be it. If not, there's nothing you can do.
    Isa0524

Answer by Isa0524 at 11:29 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• You shouldn't enter a marriage expecting to "change" the other person. If you can't accept him as he is, you probably shouldn't have married him.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 11:55 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Pray for him and live my life by Jesus' example.

This happened to a friend of mine and after 5 years of marriage, he was finally saved and is an active member of the church now.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:06 PM on Jan. 28, 2009