pubic bone pain?

I am 21 weeks pregnant and my pubic bone really hurts. I noticed if I sit wrong for a long time it feels worse, but it hurts all the time especially when walking. Last night I could hardly step out of the shower it hurt so much. The baby does feel really low. Is this normal or should I consult my doctor?

lillysmama2008

Asked by lillysmama2008 at 10:13 AM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's call pubic symphasis dysfunction and it happens. It got really painful for me during my last pregnancy. You can ask the doctor and they may take an x-ray for you(which I didn't allow) but the only thing that cures this is birth. It's caused by the seperation of the pevlic bones in preparation for labor. It just happens a little early sometimes.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:18 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I also had this only with my last preg. and I feel ur pain girl! I would have pain and when I would be sleeping at night and wake up to go pp, my pelvic bone would pop when I sat up. I would lay there debating if I should just stay in bed and wet myself so I don't have to go through that popping pain. HORRIBLE to say the least...Again I feel for u...Hang in there it's almost over...:)
    SgrplmsnSnflwrs

Answer by SgrplmsnSnflwrs at 10:39 AM on Jan. 28, 2009