What is the easiest ways to potty train a little boy?

Its mostly me and my son and his dad works alot so what are some easy tips to potty train him, Im the woman and dont know how to teach him what to do with his penis?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Potty train him sitting down on the potty first. Once he gets the concept of going to the potty when he has to, then you can work on his aim. For that i would suggest putting a fruitloop in the potty, tell him to hold his pee pee and hit the target. It makes it fun! :)
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 10:46 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• All my boys went at 1 almost 2 I just started sitting them on the big toilet,over and over asking did they have to go plus stopped the pampers and pullups and put on undies.once they went in the toilet it was clear to them on going.You just have to be persistant.When they eat, drink,wake up take him.let him sit a few,and keep repeating.until it happends then praise him and he'll be ready.
    MrsRKP7

Answer by MrsRKP7 at 11:45 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I had a step stool and put my boys on the potty backwards so they faced the tank. It seemed less frightening. It also skips the dreaded baby potty seat. I tried a sticker chart and that helped a little. Really, it just takes time and some kids are ready earlier or later than others. Mine were both trained by 4. I think this putting them in underwear so that they pee their clothes several times a day is ridiculous. But, that does work for some so I'm not knocking it. It just didn't work for us. Good luck!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:43 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I put my son on the potty sitting down at first, then he got more comfortable and was able to stand. Same thing with my second son and now my 1 year old tries to copy him and go standing up but he's not tall enough for his penis to go over the rim!
    momof3jll

Answer by momof3jll at 5:05 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• And they only pee their pants sevaral times a day if your not keeping watch.And that was my way all kids are differant.Just so you know I am mom of 5 boys and 2 girls.and they were all ready by age 2.
    MrsRKP7

Answer by MrsRKP7 at 11:28 PM on Jan. 28, 2009