Sleepwalking?

Anyone sleepwalk? I did as a kid. My daughter (2yo) does. And now that I'm on ambien, it's like I take my med an hr before I plan to lay down (as directed by dr). Then like 15 min after that, I know what I'm doing and know why I'm doing it. But I can't remember if I DID whatever it was or if I was DREAMING that I did it when I wake up in the AM. Soooo weird! Anyone have funny stories?

mlinton87

Asked by mlinton87 at 10:25 AM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• When I was younger like 13 or so I did sleepwalk only twice though. One time I went and told my dad that I needed to wash my hands. And the other time I did I went and asked my dad how much the easter eggs cost. LOL I dont remember any of it!!
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 10:32 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• my little sister, shes six, sleepwalks/talks all the time its sooo funny. she'll come out of her room and all the way to the living room and just sit down and then she'll start saying random things and if u touch her she yells lol. if ur in the room w/ her when she starts talking it can scare you a little bt lol
    mandei1509

Answer by mandei1509 at 10:43 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• My entire family has a history of talking in their sleep. My husband says that he can always tell if I've had an extremely busy day at work, because I answer the phone in my sleep! LOL!!!
    Our daughter's started as baby night tremors at 9 months old, and she was shaking so bad that I thought that she was having some type of seizure! The doctor explained to me that her mind just doesn't 'shut down' when she sleeps. She's got a really active mind during the day, and it doesn't really know how to slow down at night. It continued with screaming in her sleep, and fighting me when I would go in to pick her up. She's almost 6 now, and her mind still doesn't shut down. She sleepwalks, she has dreams that she can describe in full detail. It's genetic, and as many have said...It's REALLY FUNNY, once you know what's going on! =)
    bamabellemommy

Answer by bamabellemommy at 11:37 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Ha ha. Yes, ambien will do that. Heres the deal will it. It works very fast, especially if you have an empty stomach. So, go to bed right when you take it. An hour is WAY too long to be going to bed. I have a tv in my room, so I just watch a few min of tv while it kicks in. If you lay down you will generally go to sleep quickly. I used to take it, and then make myself something to eat, talk on the phone, all sorts of stuff and the next day not remember anything. Youre not asleep, but you are sedated. Its helpful for sleeping but you must take it correctly. I can't imagine why the doc would tell you to take it an hour before laying down. He must have read that off something, because its not how it works. I ve been taking ambien for about 5 yrs. I do okay with staying asleep but I have a hard time getting to sleep. Good luck.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:35 PM on Jan. 28, 2009