17 weeks 2nd preganncy not feeling anything (help)

im 17 weeks and this is my 2nd baby.. im hearing and reading about all these mom's that are already feeling there baby.. i thought your 2nd baby you feel faster but im not feeling he/she move should i be worried

wiggsbabe

Asked by wiggsbabe at 10:29 AM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I felt my first baby at 5 months and my second at 4. So I am thinking that you don't need to be worried. Since you are, call your OB or go in and get checked. This way you won't worry.

Answer by Bmat at 10:32 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I felt my first two pregnancies early, but then my third I barely felt him until 25 weeks. My doctor told me not to worry about feeling at least 8 movements during his active 2 hours until he was 28 weeks. A lot of variables can cause lack of feeling movements. If the placenta is in front of your uterus it can muffle your feelings of the baby, the way the baby moves can be a factor (my son wasn't big on kicking, he rolled around a lot).. I worried too - so I understand. I always felt so much better after getting to hear his strong heartbeat at the doctors visit.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 11:00 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I wouldn't worry. It's still early. I'm sure you'll start feeling your baby pretty soon.
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 11:24 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• a friend of mine is on baby number 4 and she didnt start feeling this one till around 20 weeks. She said she always feels them a little later in pregnancy.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 12:13 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I am about 18 weeks with number 2 and i only feel him once in a while either whenim trying to sleep or when im on the computer. I saw him moving alot on the ultrasound but i cant feel it very well because my placenta is in front of him, causing a barrier... so i know how it feels to worry... because i expect to feel him move and then itll be a couple days before i feel anything.
    Anonymous

• It is that you MIGHT feel something earlier, but it still averages out to 20-24 weeks for the first movements. :) You have nothing to worry about.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 12:35 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I fealt my first one about the last week of the 4th month. This one, im at week 12 and if i lay down and calm myself (like getting ready for sleep) then i can feel such a tiny light senstation every now and then. When its over i think im imagineing it..

But your baby may not want to be as active as the first yet. And maybe your little one kicks when youre sleeping or at a time when you dont notice. You'll feel the baby soon <3
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 3:55 PM on Jan. 28, 2009