im 15 weeks pregnant and im having a little bit of pinkish brownish blood come out is that normal. am i spotting or is there something wrong but im not having any cramping?

Tricia737

Asked by Tricia737 at 10:30 AM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hey, I had the same problem, you need to see a doctor, especially since its this late in the pregnancy. I was diagnosed with "Implantation bleeding" at about 9 weeks. I bled for about 5 weeks total. Then they put me on an antibiotic and it stopped, so I stopped taking the antibiotic. Don't ever do that, because I did that I had to be hospitalized for a couple of days, due to a kidney infection. But definitely see a doctor, it might or might not be the same thing I had, but take all the antibiotics they give you no matter what, and if they make you dizzy tell your doctor, maybe he can give you something else that won't make you dizzy. Best of luck.
    PassionBomb

Answer by PassionBomb at 10:41 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Most likely it is nothing at all to worry about. If you had sex in the past couple of days or did anything strenuous then that can cause you to spot during pregnancy. It is always best to call your doctor and let them know what is going on, but most likely they will just tell you to take it easy, probably abstain from sex for a week or so and if it gets any worse to let them know. Just call them and if nothing else they can reassure you.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 12:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• It could very well be nothing but you still need to go in to see the doctor. I had brown bleeding throughout my 2nd trimester and it turned out to be a low-lying placenta. I needed to be monitored throughout ym pregnancy until the uterine wall grew large enough that I drew the placenta away from the opening of my cervix. Call right now, I'm sure they'll fit you right in.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:00 PM on Jan. 28, 2009