6 Month old rolls onto her belly in her sleep and cant roll back help!

So my daughter is 6 months old now and she learned how to sit up with no support. I mean i have to get her in the sitting position but once there shes good. Now if she flops over she cant get back up. But now in her crib at night time or in the playpen she rolls from her back to her front and Cant roll back. I know back is best But i dont know what to do when she rolls over in the middle of the night Becase she cant get back onto her front. im so worried about sids. So i find myself flipping her back onto her back about 50 times a night an i lose sleep. I tried swassling her but she hates it. What can i do ?

Jmommy2B

Asked by Jmommy2B at 10:35 AM on Jan. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• By this age it's fine for her to sleep on her stomach because she can lift up her head. Let her sleep on her tummy and she may even sleep longer. My 4 month old just starting doing this so you are just fine!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:38 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Every ten years "they" decide that one or the other (back or belly) is the best way to lay your baby. Your baby will be fine on her tummy, same as all the ten year olds running around. If your baby is happier on her belly - you should leave her. You may get more sleep!
    Katrinka_Renee

Answer by Katrinka_Renee at 10:44 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• shes fine if it is not waking her up when she rolls then nothing to worry about you don't have to keep flipping her my oldest is seventeen and she was a baby they said oh make her sleep on her tummy. well my youngest is fifteen months and they said on the back is best. like katrinka said they are always changeing things. my philosphy noone knows what is best for you baby but you. goood luck and there is nothing wrong with her sleeping on her tummy. so no need to worry
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:53 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Belly is fine...that's how I put all my kids and once they could roll forget about it...you your fighting a losing battle! LOL She will be fine but if you still are concerned why don't you try using one of those newborn supports. I can't remember what they are called but they have like a triangle block in the front and back...the one I had had velcro on the bottom to make it bigger. Maybe something like that could work.
    SgrplmsnSnflwrs

Answer by SgrplmsnSnflwrs at 10:54 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• She used to sleep longer on her side. But now when she flips over she wiggles every half hour or so. ill let her be tonight and see what she does. Thank you all for the help.
    Jmommy2B

Answer by Jmommy2B at 10:54 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Another way for you to get more sleep...I don't know if you use a monitor or not, but I did. And when my daughter would wiggle, her bed would squeak and I would wake up. I was exhausted! Finally I realized that if she was really crying and needed me, our bedrooms are right next to each other, I could hear her just fine without the monitor. So I unplugged the damn thing, and that was 2 months ago (she is 8 months now), and I sleep so much better! lol

Just thought I would throw that out there. Cause I know her wiggling kept me up at night.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:18 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Gosh the wiggling keeps me up allll night lol! but my Boyfriend can sleep right threw it!
    Jmommy2B

Answer by Jmommy2B at 11:33 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• She's mobile enough that it doesn't matter. "Back is Best" applies to babies that can't roll over in either direction.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:12 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• She likes being on her tummy, I would let her sleep.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 2:24 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• If she can roll and lift her head she will be fine. If you still do not feel safe then buy a support wedge to prop her between and she won't be able to roll.

NannyMiranda

Answer by NannyMiranda at 2:52 PM on Jan. 28, 2009