Diaper Rash

daughter has had it for over a week now can figuar anything out to get it gone. ive tryed everything out there should i take her in to th doc or will it go away. it doesnt seem to bother her at all.

dewey_scoles

Asked by dewey_scoles at 10:36 AM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it could be more than a diaper rash it could be a yeast infection i would call the doc and make an appt. is she itching or anything? you said it doesnt bother her did you use any kind of different soap or diapers or anything?
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:41 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Nope everything has been the same except for the cream we have tried. she isnt itching at all.
    dewey_scoles

Answer by dewey_scoles at 10:42 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• It might be a yeast infection...but I have the best diaper rash remedy...buy some Baby Gold Bond Medicated Powder and mix with Vasaline to make a paste. My GOOP Works Wonders! Slather it on before bed and the majority of the rash will be gone but that doesn't mean that it will cure what could be a yeast infection in which case i would take her to the doc to get meds.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• The above post is from me...I don't know why I clicked anon! LOL Seriously the GOOP works every time. Put it on thick to don't be stingy with it! Good luck
    SgrplmsnSnflwrs

Answer by SgrplmsnSnflwrs at 10:48 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• My dd has a little rash from a yeast infection right now and her pedi said to just use some normal yeast infection cream like you would buy for yourself from the store. I've used it on her for 1 day so far and it's clearing right up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Try leaving her open with no diaper on. I don't know how old your baby is, but if she does not roll around yet, you can just lay a plastic bag (like a kitchen garbage bag) down, and then a towel on top of that and let her lady parts air out. If she is crawling and/or standing, corral her in the kitchen with her diaper off.

The air is REALLY good for it.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:14 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• You can give her an oatmeal bath. Aveeno has these packets that you just put into the tub that are good for that. Also you may want to leave her out of her diaper for as long as you can. Air cna really help with that. Also make sure she is drinking lots of water, cut out all juice as the sugar or acid in it may irritate the rash. I say no citric fruits until it is gone and avoid tomatoes. They are high in acid. I have this diaper cream by arbonne that always clears up my sons rashes within a day. Or you can look for an organic diaper rash cream at a healthfood store since it sounds ike you need it asap. Hope this helps.
    J3Atherton

Answer by J3Atherton at 1:48 PM on Jan. 28, 2009