im 30 im almost 2 yrs married still no baby im scared getting older & no baby? imgetting old (:/)

step_mom78

Asked by step_mom78 at 10:58 AM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Talk to your dr - my dh and I had infertility but now have 2 kiddos. Try www.hannahsprayer.org
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• 30 is not old! But if you've been trying for 2 years and no pregnancy yet, I'd see a fertility specialist. I doubt the problem has anything to do with your age.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 11:03 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• If you are only 28....my first piece of advice is relax. If you are in good health, enjoying your job, your husband and your life......enjoy it a little longer. 28 is no longer too old or "at risk". Stress is the key reason why women who are able to get pregnant, but cannot seem to. That is why so many women who "give up" and adopt children then find themselves pregnant. So...if you want to, see your OBGYN (you probably have) and make sure you have no health issue that should be addressed. Then, relax and enjoy yourself, your youth (yes, youth!) and your husband. Take a long car ride and laugh, drink a fine glass of wine or a good beer, go to places you will not be able to with a young child. Go dancing. Go to the movies. Whatever your style is: DO that! Blessings to you both.
    AuthorTeensCIYC

Answer by AuthorTeensCIYC at 11:13 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• 30 is not too old (I have to agree with this since I had twins at 35), but since you have had no luck in two years it is time to consult with a doctor and make sure there isn't something preventing you from getting pregnant. If you have an OB/GYN already, I'd start there for the basics and then get a referral to an RE (reproductive endocrinologist) if you need one. Also, don't ignore your hubby when looking for answers, because any problem that might exist could just as easily be on his side. You could skip the OB/GYN and go straight to the RE if you're really in a hurry, but the OB will likely be cheaper and possibly easier to get an appointment with sooner. Good luck!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:35 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Go see your OB/GYN first and talk to them. If they can't help you then they will send you to a fertility doc. It may be something as easy as taking Clomid to get your pregnant!
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 11:57 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• You have fifteen more years to conceive. If you have to do fertility treatments, you still can get pregnant in another year or two. I got married when I was 30 and it seemed like marriage and a family was now or never. It's not really that way. It's great to start early but life doesn't always cooperate. My SIL is having her first and she is going to be 39 when the baby is born. She will likely have one more after that. She and my bro had to do the fertility thing. I can tell you that you have alot of company and you will have the wonderful experience you dream about when you have children at any age.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 12:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• We went through 4 years of TTC, come to find out I had a thyroid problem. My first though is to have your doctor check your thyroid hormone levels as they can really mess up fertility if there is something wrong. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• Im anon 4:51, thyroid is a huge factor in fertility. I would get checked by your regualr dr if you haven't already and get a referral to a specialist. Good luck and sending baby dust your way.
    ZakZaksmom

Answer by ZakZaksmom at 6:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Try the Dr. John Lee website for advice.
    I also recommend the book: Taking Charge of your Fertility by Toni Weschler (Amazon)

I tried to get pregnant from the time I was 35 until I was finally pregnant at 39. In the last year of trying I followed the advice from Dr. John Lee and the book by Toni Weschler, and am convinced that's why I have my son today!

I remember the fear of wondering if you will never have a child. *hugs* Good Luck!
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 5:57 PM on Jan. 29, 2009