Do you think it's fair for group admins to deny you just because you're a new member?

I was denied membership to a group here solely based off the fact I'm a new member. They've had 'problems with fake profiles' and didn't give me the benefit of the doubt.

ubermommie

Asked by ubermommie at 11:27 AM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, it is fair.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 11:27 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Nope - that's their right.

Stick around anyway - you'll like it here!
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 11:27 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Hasn't anyone heard of giving someone a chance? Don't assume all new members are just 'fake' profiles; there are REAL new moms here, too.
    ubermommie

Answer by ubermommie at 11:30 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• So stick around - haven't YOU ever heard of paying your dues?

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 11:32 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• geez why so mean she is just trying to join new groups so she can make friends i be ya all never did that right. well ubermommie i will pm you and give you the link to my group you'll like it there.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:36 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Thanks for the support, jodi..glad to see a friendly mom here. :) I'd love to join your group, thanks!
    ubermommie

Answer by ubermommie at 11:46 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I had the same thing happen to me. Another group that I joined was advertising a group that was even more what I was looking for. I was new and trying to find groups with similar interests. I was shocked when my application was refused and I was told to try in another month. Of course there is no way that I would after that. But meanwhile I have found groups that suit me just fine.

Answer by Bmat at 11:49 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• i will be sending the info shortly i am in the middle of something will get with you in a bit.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:49 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• COME JOIN MY NEW GROUP :]

http://www.cafemom.com/group/kwiseman19
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 11:50 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I think its fair. Every group has rules for whatever the reason. Just because youre a member of cafemom doesnt automatically mean you get to join any group you want to. For instance lets say theres a step mom group and they want just step moms and a non step mom joins and her profile shows she is a step mom opponent (dont know if that exists just saying lol) does that mean they have to let her in>?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jan. 28, 2009