bf wont stop smoking weed

I am 7 months pregnant and I have a bf that lies to me and tell's me hes going to work out and spends little money we have on weed I'm not talking 20 bucks here and there I'm talking 100 bucks here and there.I have told him before that if he dont stop our relationship will be over and he tell's me he swears he will quit. he has lied everytime. What should I do?

faithsMoM27

Asked by faithsMoM27 at 11:28 AM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• He is not going to change. Get him out of your life permanently. Don't continue to have hopes and plans about him. If you stay, from what you have already told us, you face his lying to you and taking the money. You face unpredictable behavior around your child. Just as when raising a child, never make empty threats- empty threats are useless. You know you need to ditch this relationship.

Answer by Bmat at 12:25 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• You should probably just leave him. He's not gonna quit unless he sees what he's doing to mess up his life. Losing you and his baby would show him that. I had an ex who was seriously addicted to weed (would smoke 6-10) joints a day and a good friend who has been married for years now and still lies compulsively to his wife about his marijuana use. Neither quit b/c they didn't have to. You need to give him a reason to quit, and it looks like the threats aren't working.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 11:29 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• You should stop making empty threats, and leave, even if its temporary (he doesn't need to know its temp)

You threaten and threaten, and he keeps doing it, and nothing bad happens. What do you think he is going to do?

You need to think about YOU and your baby. Do you want your baby in that environment? Obviously not since you want him to quit. Leave, and let him know exactly why. You are tired of the lies, tired of him not respecting your new family enough to put his addictions in the past, and that you aren't coming back until he can prove himself.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:31 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Although I see where you are coming from on this, BUT you knew he was a pothead before or shortly after begining your relationship...If you did not like it then, you should have adressed this issue at that time not waiting all this time.
    To answer your question, you can not change him...he must want to stop for himself not for you..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:33 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• i asked my ex husband to stop too. he hid it from me and so i thought he stopped then after we got married i found out he was still doing it. notice i put that he is now my ex husband. he's addicted and won't stop. you telling him so won't make him stop. maybe you leaving might. although i seriously doubt it. just leave with your dignity.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:35 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• im going through the same thing only with alcohol. my husband will lie and say hes doing something but hes really out drinking. i dont know what to do either
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I'd leave and let him prove himself before I came back.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:51 AM on Jan. 28, 2009