Activities with almost 9 month old...

We play on the floor alot. I let her crawl around. We play peekaboo, patty-cake, read books, she plays with blocks etc. She gets into everything... Any ideas on more activities for this age?

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 11:49 AM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I am in the same bost my son is 7 months, and I just dont know what to do with him.
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 11:59 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Play Hide the toy...hide a toy under a blanket and see if she can find it. (Toys that make noises are especially good in the beginning....you can rattle it under the blanket to give her a hint). High Chair art...give her sauces of different colors or pureed foods of different colors and let her make a mess. Roll the ball/bounce the ball. Songs with hand gestures are really big.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 12:01 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• My son will be 8 mos in a week and he's driving me crazy. He whines at everything and I mean EVERYTHING!! I'll put him on the floor with toys, he whines. In his walker, he whines, in a highchair with toys, gues what? He whines!!! He's going through stages where almost nothing makes him happy.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 12:15 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Where we live there is a community center that has open gym and lots of parents go to this. I think it sounds like you are doing a lot with her already. Maybe listen to music and learn additional songs together. There are so many more things to do during the spring and summer than the winter I think. It sounds like your daughter is going to be a real whiz because of all of the parent adult activities you already do with her. Maybe go to the mall and walk around and tell her about what people are doing, shapes, and colors.
    J3Atherton

Answer by J3Atherton at 1:33 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• If she is into everything, you may want to look into having baby locks installed on your cabinets and things. We had to do this when our son was around that age as well.
    J3Atherton

Answer by J3Atherton at 1:35 PM on Jan. 28, 2009