Yes, the answers tab is coming back. Want to see it?

I found out last night, but was waiting to make sure it was ok to really talk about. There's another redesign in the works. Just like last time, you can ask to see it here:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/3663/forums/read/16576119/Sign_Up_for_the_CafeMom_New_Feature_Preview

CM said it was ok to give that out since they're going to be phasing in more people to try it out.  It's not a tab all to itself, but one that has a dropdown menu that takes you to answers, journals, etc, and you can access from anywhere on the site.  Also more changes to the other menus that are up there now.

Same as last time, sign up, they give you the preview, you give them feedback.  There are already a few known bugs that they're working on - notifications for answers are a bit messed up (not by design, they're trying to fix it), and people using iPads have speed issues.

(I did not, nor will I receive, a tote bag for having access to this information)

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 12:21 PM on May. 15, 2012 in About CafeMom

• Uh boy... do you think that group is going to get ugly like the last time they did this???

If it does, it will be the opposite scenario - answers people happy to get what they asked for, groupies mad because something they want isn't there.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 10:07 PM on May. 15, 2012

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:55 PM on May. 15, 2012

• NP, thanks for the info!

Answer by older at 9:12 PM on May. 15, 2012

• I see your right here with her

She's been following me around like this for over a year, yet thinks that makes me the problem. Sadder is she doesn't even seem to realize that everyone KNOWS she's been doing it, so the only thing she accomplishes with those comments is making herself look even more obsessed.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 8:25 PM on May. 15, 2012

• Poor Hagatha
    so bored and living online allday everyday. tsk tsk

I see your right here with her
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 8:21 PM on May. 15, 2012

• Poor Hagatha
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:05 PM on May. 15, 2012

• I will admit that it's a MUCH cleaner layout which makes it more appealing.

However, my menu does appear the second my mouse hits it. I'm going to try it in another browser and see if it's the same.
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 6:41 PM on May. 15, 2012

• And, yes, I will post that on the actual forum LOL

There are a couple things here I actually like better - the menu doesn't disappear the second you mouse over it, which is annoying if you accidentally hit the stuff we never use on the left, but I like it much better for the stuff on the right. I used to aim for one of those 3 categories and it would wipe out the little pink numbers on all 3 before I could read them. Now the new posts stay new posts, regardless of which category.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 6:36 PM on May. 15, 2012

• IMO, that's not an answers tab. I wish they'd just put it back at the top without this drop down menu stuff.

And, since I'm griping, I HATE fly down menus. They're annoying if you accidentally mouse over them.

And, yes, I will post that on the actual forum LOL
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 6:33 PM on May. 15, 2012

• I like having the tab, but eww to the rest of it, lol
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:50 PM on May. 15, 2012