How blunt are you to complete strangers?

If you saw someone with several tattoos who you did not know would you say to them "you are such a pretty person but those tattoos make you look ugly"?. Or...add piercings or that color of hair in place of tattoos. Do you feel that you can just blurt out your opinion about someone that you don't know?

Asked by tracylynnr67 at 1:16 PM on May. 15, 2012 in Beauty & Style

• Um, no. But, I get that kind of crap from people all the time. I have several facial piercings, one tattoo that's usually visible and my hair is mostly black with half turquoise, half blue/purple bangs. If I don't have something nice to say to a stranger, I keep my mouth shut (as far as opinions on their appearance, attire, jewelry, etc. goes).

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:12 PM on May. 15, 2012

• Nope. Nor would I blurt it out to anyone UNLESS IT WAS REQUESTED.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:24 PM on May. 15, 2012

• No way! That's how they choose to look.. who am I to judge them on that?

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:25 PM on May. 15, 2012

• it don't phase me, but if my middle one sees someone with a lot of piercings, she'll ask them why they did it.
    beans: why do you have them all over your body?
    lady: because it's cool
    beans: why?
    lady: because it is
    lady to me: this your brat?
    beans: i'm not brat! i'm pipsqueak! she's brat! she pointed to her sister who was hiding behind me. the lady walked away when she noticed i was trying very hard to laugh at what bean's said.
    we were in the mall during the holidays when this happened. and i was pregnant with our third. she is such a ham!

Answer by noel1978 at 1:28 PM on May. 15, 2012

• I would only say that if I was asked my opinion, I won't lie when asked.

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 1:33 PM on May. 15, 2012

• I find all those things attractive and interesting. But I don't consider blurting stuff like "Omg those tats make you look ugly." being blunt. It's being MEAN. As for telling someone they look pretty, I do that a lot. I like making people feel good.

Answer by xXMarlyeXx at 1:37 PM on May. 15, 2012

• LOL Noel! Your daughter sounds cute! I have had little kids ask about some of my tattoos, mostly my Ninja Turtles one that I got to represent my 4 sons and I always answer them nicely. If someone has a lot of tattoos (I have 15 but I don't really consider that as a lot, they are spaced out) or piercings or colored hair they should expect kids to say something (especially the kids who have been told to not write on themselves and then they see a grown up with all sorts of drawings and writing on them, lol) and shouldn't be rude. That lady should have never been so rude about your daughter asking questions. I don't mind the's the adults that puzzle me because they seem to think that being a random stranger who someone will never see again gives them a right to say something negative.

Comment by tracylynnr67 (original poster) at 1:39 PM on May. 15, 2012

• not if that person is bigger than myself, or has friends with him/her. i'm not into getting my ass-kicked.
    seriously, that would be rude of anyone (adult) to say to someone.
    its one of those times you just need to MYOB.

Answer by dullscissors at 1:42 PM on May. 15, 2012

• xXMarleyXx, I consider it mean, too, but I have had a couple people inform me that they are just blunt and if I don't like their opinion then maybe I shouldn't have tattoos. Yep, I am going to consider a random person I have never met before's future opinion. LOL Heck, my own mom told me last year that she forbid me (I am 45, btw) to get any more tattoos because it's her body since she gave birth to me and that didn't stop me from getting more tattoos. The only peoples whose opinions matter to me are my husband of almost 27 years and my 4 sons who are 20, 21, 24 and 25.

Comment by tracylynnr67 (original poster) at 1:44 PM on May. 15, 2012

• Basically, the only time I can see commenting to a stranger about their appearance is if there is an obvious accident that I would assume they would want to know about (fly down, coat belt dragging on the ground...)

Answer by SWasson at 2:05 PM on May. 15, 2012