Is my one month old baby girl wetting to many diapers?

The past few days, it seems like all i get done doing is changing diapers. In an hours time, i bet i change 3 or 4 diapers. Is this normal or should i be worried?

alyselee

Asked by alyselee at 12:17 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is she breastfed? My son was. He used to poop a lot as a result of it and went through diapers like crazy. Three to four diapers in an hour does seem like a lot. Are you sure she's wet them? A typical baby goes through about one diaper ever two hours.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 12:20 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I am not sure why you are changing her diapers so much? If she is pooing then give her a chance to get done before you change her and if it is just peepee then unless it is absolutely soaked which I doubt she is in an hour for youto have to change her so often. To me this is just wasteful using so many diapers in an hour. Diapers are made to hold quite a bit so I can't imagine she is soaking a diaper in an hour. and again if it is just poo then give her a min to get done.
    Anonymous

• while not a medical opinion, i don't think it can be a bad thing that your baby is peeing a lot, its when they stop peeing a lot that is the problem, but I agree with anonymous above, don't change the diaper so much, give at least an hour between, and two hours is pretty normal. you'll go bankrupt if you keep going your way and unless she has a diaper rash, which may prompt you to change more frequently, 2 hours is good (for pee, poop I try to change as soon as I know she has gone).
    rabbate

Answer by rabbate at 12:31 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Some babies just pee a little at a time. That's probably why it seems like she's always wet.
    Anonymous

• I dont think babies can pee too much. You shouldn't have to change her every time she goes if she's going 2-3 times an hour tho.. once an hour is enough. Be sure to change her every time she poos tho to avoid diaper rash.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 1:03 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I change my son once an hour and as soon as I know he has pooped? Is there a reason you are changing her so often? Are you just doing it that often or is she soaked?

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 1:04 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• i just make sure to change her every time she goes whether is pee or poop to make sure she dont get a rash or irritated skin.
    alyselee

Answer by alyselee at 4:15 PM on Jan. 30, 2009