Horrible heartburn

Anyone else have such horific heartburn it makes you feel like someone is pouring acid down your throat? 38 weeks 2 days with the first ..Its making me physically ill because nothing is working..even the anti nausea meds.l

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• eat smaller meals like 6 a day and baked potatoes help so it ,did me any way
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 12:25 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• TUMS!! LOTS OF THEM! lol..

well try this

When you eat...eat sitting up and dont lay down until 2 hours afterward..
    that was my problem...try drinking a bit more water too..
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 12:25 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Me too, honey. I read in one of my pregnancy mags that seems to help me a little it drink a half a glass of milk after meals and avoid laying down for at least an hour after you eat. Lactaid also helps if you are lactose intollerant. I take 2 tums before I eat. Theres no way to completely avoid it:(
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 12:26 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I had horrible heartburn my entire pregnancy. I would wake up in the middle of the night aspirating my own stomach acid. It was rediculous. Take the recommended amount of Maalox. That helped me. Then learn to avoid gassy and acidic foods. No soda, no chocolate, no tomato products, no oily foods, no dairy, no pizza, no junk food so on and so forth (you can google a "GERD Diet" to find out more and what you can have). Don't lie down flat ever, and sit straight up after eating until you've digested a while.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:58 PM on Jan. 28, 2009