How do I remain positive and smile??

I know everyone's worst is differentet but for me this is mine.

I feel miserable in my life. Totally unhappy with everything. I love my daughter and she's the best thing but I'm still very unhappy. I'm 27 with a degree in finance and I haven't even started my career. I'm stuck working at a call center barely making ends meet. I'm right at 38k a year, which is pretty pathetic. I have 0 friends barely any family. I'm lonely and alone. No one besides my 4 yr old to talk to. I'm a single mom and hate the struggle and balancing everything alone. I haven't had a guy talk to me with interest in years. It sucks I'm college educated with nothing going for me. It's tough to be positive when my life is sad

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on May. 15, 2012 in Relationships

• look for local mom groups in your area. 38k isnt bad at all. Have you triend looking for jobs that you can use your degree in?
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:00 PM on May. 15, 2012

• can i ask where your dd's father is? have you thought about re-locating or have you applied for other jobs even if they're in another state or something? have you joined a church or a mom's group where you can meet people or other single moms in your area? :-/
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 3:01 PM on May. 15, 2012

• There is another mom in Answers with this exact same problem/issue. She posted her question anon also so there is no way for the 2 of you to connect.

Find something to do to keep yourself busy.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:03 PM on May. 15, 2012

• Circulate, circulate, circulate - make an effort to do activities where you meet other people (male and female) outside of work. For example, there is the Sierra Club, that has day hikes (that include children).

http://www.sierraclub.org/outings/chapter/

Or do you ski, or like water sports?  Expand on what you love to do (that of course, includes your DD) and you will meet others of like interests.  

tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:33 PM on May. 15, 2012

• I'm sorry that things are rough right now. I know it's sometimes hard to look at the postive, but it does get better. You need to take time to feel the emotions of being alone and own them and just take steps to changing how you feel, if your not happy with certain things, don't give up!
    My situation was feeling very unhappy, but sometimes you have to make big moves to start the slow process for rebuilding.
    good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 5:14 PM on May. 15, 2012

• girl im 25. college degree. working part time not in my career field. have three kids age 5, 11 mo twins. my fiance works full time. we barely make 34,000 a year. keep your head up. im a dreamer and have hope that i will find my career niche. things will change if you have a goal set. dont be down on yourself for your income...maybe look at where you can cut expenses so that you will have more cash in your emergency fund so things wont seem so stressful.
    CaLiMaMom

Answer by CaLiMaMom at 12:53 AM on May. 16, 2012

• You're the one that is settling for less though from what you tell us. You have a degree, so why not work in that field? What's stopping you? Nothing's stopping you from job searching. I bet entry level jobs make the same if not more than your current. See if you can move into the finance dept. of your current company, too. Try meetup.com and look for single mom groups or other interests you have. You have to get out there to meet people! Get involved at your church/community. Volunteering is a great way to meet friends and network for new jobs and you can find a volunteer opp. that lets your kids get involved, like pet adoption stations. Find out if there are alumni social events in your area. You have to keep trying until a door opens for you. Your 2nd job since you have no friends as you claim, should be to find a better job. From there, I think your outlook would improve. Don't be shy, mingle with other parents! Good luck!
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 6:34 AM on May. 16, 2012

• Make list of short term goals you have, such as making a few networking contacts, attending meetup groups, introducing yourself to a neighbor or parent at a playground, etc. Then, make another list of your dreams, doesn't matter how big or small. For your last list, make a list of positive statements about yourself and what you plan to accomplish. Post these lists visibly in your house (fridge, bathroom mirror, etc.) These lists will keep you focused and motivated. You may not think they work but your mind subconsciously absorbs these messages. Try to read them at least twice a day (morning and night). Take time out each day to do at least 1 thing you enjoy (read magazine w/coffee, watch fave movie, bake or listen to music, etc. You need to feel like you are making progress and that you're being rewarded for it, too. Be thankful that you have good health, a home, a car, kids, were able to complete college, have a job, etc.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 6:41 AM on May. 16, 2012

• hello kitty, If I could find a job in my field wouldnt you think i'd be in in it???
    I appy to hundreds of jobs for the past 5yrs and NOTHING. I do so everyday!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:56 PM on May. 20, 2012

• We've hit one of the worst economic downturns in recent history, so it is no wonder you are having trouble gaining employment in your field, esp. finance. It might be another 5 years or more for the economy to really gain a footing. You might have to go a different direction in your career.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:49 PM on May. 30, 2012