8months doesn't want to go to sleep.

Every time my 8 month old get tired she now tries and fight it. This doesn't seem normal though.

I'll be feeding her, her bottle and she'll start to nod off and seems as if she' s going to fall asleep. When she's done eating she takes her binky and then lays there for a min like she's going to sleep. But then all the sudden she starts crying and trying to set up, She pinches my skin, pulls my hair,punches me in the face and kicks me when Im trying to comfort her, I can't put her down because she'll just keep crying and try and get me to pick her back up.

After a little while she is fine and crawls around and plays but I know she' s tired. This went on till 11pm last night. The last couple nights I was letting her cry for a couple mins and she threw up.

I don't know what the heck is going on. I wish I could just lay her down at bed/nap time and she would just coo and fall asleep on her own LOL does anyone else go through this? Any tips or advise?
Thank you!

Also while im at it, She also seems to cry and follow me around the house kinda a bit. When I pick her up to see if she's hungry she's not. What does she want?!? Is she bored?LOL Do babies get bored? Does she need more to do throughout a day? 

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on May. 15, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, babies get bored. Let her play with any safe kitchen item like measuring cups and such. I found my kids were much more interested in that kind of thing than their toys. And I found that letting them drift off to sleep with the bottle was just enough to give them a "pick me up" and want to stay awake longer. Separate feeding from sleeping and have a set routine that you do ALL the time when it is sleep time. You might introduce a lullaby when you give her the bottle, then start to give her a little less to drink, and the lullaby will start to become a cue for sleep. Then you can cuddle, soothe, etc until she gets drowsy. The transition might take awhile and she may fuss some, but start a new routine with new cues. Our kids were so used to a certain song that as soon as we would start to sing they would rub eyes and start yawning. It was so sweet. GL!
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 5:50 PM on May. 15, 2012

• Mine is doing that too but she started at 7 months.. it is normal my ds did the same
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 5:12 PM on May. 15, 2012

• let her play lot till makin her tired , so she'll fell to sleep very easelly , im doing it with my baby of 5mo
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 9:02 AM on May. 17, 2012