cheap laptop?

i need to buy a laptop, but i don't know what kind to get. i don't want one that's too expensive.. i'll use it mostly for browsing the internet, uploading pictures, and for homework assignments using word... again, i don't want it to be too expensive, but i do need it to work efficiently.

any suggestions on what kind to buy?

lmybo

Asked by lmybo at 12:41 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• Girl, I saw one yesterday at Walmart... a very tiny one at that, but nonetheless, 298.00. If you need one fast, that would be my suggestion. But I think you should have some tiny fingers! LOL!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:53 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I would check Walmart and check Best Buy for "open box" items. They have the same warranty but they're cheaper. Also, check Ebay and Craigslist. Always deals there! I bought a Dell for $300 on Ebay not too long ago.
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 12:59 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I have a Toshiba that I got at Walmart, it was $698 I think when I bought it, but I just saw it on sale there for $498! It's been a good computer, and I use it for the same things you mentioned. Check walmart.com as I know they sometimes put good deals on there that you can't get in the store!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 1:08 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• My husband and I just bought a Compaq at Best Buy, (last week) for under $400, including tax. It had everything that we needed, and it works great. Lots of memory, etc.
    You could also try looking at a Circuit City if you have any near you, since they are going out of business you may find some good deals.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 1:30 PM on Jan. 28, 2009