Sterilizing Baby Bottles??

I have never sterlizied baby bottles before and I was wondering if I am supposed to sterilize them right before I use them or if I can sterilize them ahead of time and put them in the cabinet, My baby is due in 4 weeks and I want to pack her diaper bag now, so I was wondering if I sterilize them now if they will be okay until she gets here.

momystew

Asked by momystew at 12:55 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, they should be fine to sterilize now. Also, I had to sterilize a lot because my daughter had thrush... they have this wonderful microwave sterilizer that works great! It saves a ton of time cause it's such a pain to wait for the water to boil, then stand there while the stuff is in there. Good luck with your new baby!
    cschwanger

Answer by cschwanger at 12:59 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• go ahead and sterilize EVERYTHING now.. pacifiers, rattles, etc.. that way when you go to use it its already clean! Good luck with the new LO!!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 1:04 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• yes go ahead, I personally boil the bottles to make sure their really sterilize every day, thats just me and a family tradition well that I know most Latin people do this.
    peach69

Answer by peach69 at 1:10 PM on Jan. 28, 2009