Will she cry when she's hungry?

I don't want to seem like an idiot.. but my 5mo BFing daughter has seriously slowed down how often she wants to eat. Normal amout of wet diapers/poops, but I'm just kind of confused now. She'll cry if she gets hungry right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Don't worry, your baby won't starve. She might be cutting a tooth or having a growth spurt (or just had one...some babies get hungry with them some lose their appetite). She'll be wanting to bf soon enough.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 1:12 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• my dd didnt cry when she wanted to eat but i knew when she was hungry as long as your feeding her then dont worry about it
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 1:17 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• My son didn't cry either. I think it was that I knew when it was time to eat. Perhaps your daughter is eating more at each feeding and doesn't need as frequent feedings.

Answer by Bmat at 1:20 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Well, if she is a breastfeeder, like my son, you will know if she is hungry. They learn to tug at clothes early on and to suck on your shirt when they are hungry. I remember at that age, I couldn't have any of my sister in laws or other young women hold him with in a certain time of an upcoming feeding because he would start sucking on their clothes. Your daughter will let you know. She may have just went through a growth spurt and now it's over and she is slowing down again. You will have many times like this. I remember feeling that way too, but everything was fine and I nursed him for the first year successfully. If she wasn't having regular diapers then you could ponder, but otherwise, I am sure everything is fine!
    J3Atherton

Answer by J3Atherton at 1:25 PM on Jan. 28, 2009