what should i do

im a first time mom and my daughter just hit her head on the table it is kinda purple will she be okay what should i do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She should be OK. Just don't let her sleep for an hour or two to be sure (at least that's what everyone told me when my son hit his head really bad).

Be prepared for a lot more bumps and bruises. Kids are always getting hurt.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 1:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Keep a close eye on her and watch for dizziness or disorientation. If she runs a fever or you notice anything strange, call the doctor or go to the ER.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• My son (15 months old) , when he was learning to stand and walk, had continual bruises in the same spot on his face for months. As soon as the first bruise would heal, there he went falling over again and knocking his face on something new. If there is a large knot or she is acting extremely tired, then you should be concerned. However, naptime is coming up too. If something was wrong you would know. I had to re-schedule my son's one yr. photos 3 different times because of bruises. Babies are clumsy and unfortunately, you have a lot more purplish bruises to look forward to.
    J3Atherton

Answer by J3Atherton at 1:19 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• If baby is clumsy, disoriented, abnormally sleepy, becomes unconscious, or vomits, take her to the doctor. Otherwise, just keep an eye on her and if she has a headache maybe give her some tylenol.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 1:43 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Did she cry right away? If she did then she will be alright, not crying or any loss of consciousness could be a sign of a concussion.

sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 2:30 PM on Jan. 28, 2009