Has anyone weened off of anti-depressants?

Has anyone weened off of anti-depressents & had horrible side effects? I am currently weening off of 50mg of Zoloft for PPD. My dr. has instructed me on how to ween myself off, however, I am dizzy, light headed & pretty much feel like crap. I can't imagine weening off of an illegal drug or something. It's not like it's 200 mg or something it's only 50mg! When does it go away? I've been weaning for almost a week now! Thanks!

themacs4

Asked by themacs4 at 1:17 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Health

• It took 2-3 weeks to get rid of the side effects. My symptoms were just like yours.
    Anonymous

• I ween off paxil and it was horrible took me a month and half and two trips to ER to come off 25mg I went at 5mg at a time. I am on zoloft now and I would just decrease mg by weeks.
    mymaddiegrl2

Answer by mymaddiegrl2 at 2:10 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Take your time weening yourself off. I had the withdrawal symptoms for lexapro and it was horrible, lasted about two weeks.
    Anonymous

• I was weened off of effexor years ago. It was horrible! It made me suicidal! But it did go away and I'm fine now. Just keep up with the weening, it'll all go away soon.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:49 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I went through the same thing with 50mg of Zoloft until I was introduced to Prolief. It's a natural balancing cream that deals with chemical imbalance naturally i women. So what I did was while weening off, I applied the cream daily until the side effects stopped. It took about 3 days and I was back to normal. Now I only use the cream instead of the drugs which has long term effects.
    Here's information on Prolief (pre-menopause) and Phytoprolief for (post menopause).

http://www.arbonnemarketing.com/PK/dl/pk/805_us_eng.pdf
    http://www.arbonnemarketing.com/PK/dl/pk/800_us_eng.pdf
    Let me know if you'd like more information on these products
    Botanic

Answer by Botanic at 4:44 PM on Jan. 28, 2009