If you won $1,000,000 what would you do with it?

I would donate 20% of it to charities for children, so $200000 there. I would invest 20% (another $200000), pay off my car and buy my hubby a new car ($60000), Set up college accounts for my kids with $100000 each ($300000 total), pay off all our other bills ($10000 appx), put $50000 in savings to not touch, buy a new bedroom set, washer & dryer, other household items (10000), buy my kids some new clothes and new bedroom sets and closet organizers (10,000), and give $100000 to my parents. That is basically EXACTLY what I would do with the money lol. I love daydreaming about stuff like this and I wonder what other people would do with that much money.

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 1:19 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would give some to St. Jude becuase they are the hospital that found the treatment for DH's cancer. Then I would pay off my debt and buy DH a new vehicle. Put some in savings, then buy new funiture for our house(bedroom, living room) Whatever is left would be used for the adoption of future children and college savings.
    jztmelif

Answer by jztmelif at 6:24 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• i would give some to charity, then i would split it up between my family. they dont have much money. so i would split it between me and my family. i would also give homeless people some and give some to hunger relief
    SpiderMama123

Answer by SpiderMama123 at 1:21 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• i would buy me and my SO and our daughter a house. get myself a car, pay off my Sos car buy my mother a car. pay off my debts and my moms debts and my SOs debts. get my sister and her So a car and new living room furniture. give my other sister and her family 10,000 dollars

put money aside for school for my daughter. and donate to ASU and/or homeless shelters here in az.

the rest, put aside for whatever.. oh.. after i go on a little shopping spree ha.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:23 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• What a fun question! 1 million. I'd pay off our cars and invest enough that we'd have a good income from the interest. I'd divide the remainder among my grandchildren, except for some for charity.

Answer by Bmat at 1:23 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I would first pay off all my bills, so i would be debt free. Then I would go buy some land and get a house built on it,an energy efficient house. I would save some for my old age. And go on a nice vacation to Europe.

If I had any money left. I would think about helping my family out.

Answer by louise2 at 1:27 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I would:
    Buy a house - $300,000

Pay off both my MIL and my Grandparents houses - Approx. $200,000

Put myself through college - Approx. $10,000 at the local college

Make a college fund for my daughter - $100,000

Pay off my car and buy my SO a new one - $50,000

Invest - $100,000

Savings - $100,000

Donate to charity (probably local shelters) - $100,000

The rest for "fun" including, but not limited to, an extended vacation to Germany to meet my mothers side of the family - $40,000
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:28 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• You'd all be busted for not paying taxes. :)
    Anonymous

• Id pay off my bills, buy a home, buy each child a car, and put the rest in savings. Sorry no charity cases for me.

Answer by gemgem at 1:34 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• 1-pay 10% in tithing
    2-pay irs
    3-pay debts
    4-buy food storage
    5-fix my car it leaks oil
    6-get kids braces
    7-take my sis and mom to hippocrates wheatgrass institute
    8-pay off this manufactured home (owe) $79k
    9-take a family vacation to disneyworld
    10-save the rest
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 1:34 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• 1 million isn't really enough. Even tax free. Make it 10 million tax free and we can really dream dream dream. :) Oh I'd hire a cook and a chaffeur and a gardener. Make sure my grandchildren had plenty for college and my children's houses were paid off. A big chunk for retirement. And donating to several charities. And hire a housekeeper. and maybe a secretary. yeah, that's the ticket.

Answer by Bmat at 1:41 PM on Jan. 28, 2009