I am starting a in home day care and I have a few questions! Thanks for your help!

I am going to start a in home day care. Does anyone know how many children you can watch in (Lusby) Maryland without being registered? I plan on getting registered but I am just curious to know. Also I have heard that you can get free grants and different things to help with your in home day care. Where would I find the information for this? Thanks for all your help!
Stacey

smarie1011

Asked by smarie1011 at 1:27 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• most states its 6 kids after that you have to be registered, and you would find that info out by contacting youre local job and family services place
    Anonymous

• It's 6 here in Ny.
    my3turtles

Answer by my3turtles at 1:41 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I'm sure your state government website has some rules and regulations you could find.

In MI, it's a 6:1 ratio.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 2:42 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• i used to help my mother-in-law run her in home daycare. here in ID we could only have 6 kids, if unregistered. but once regestered its 6 kids per person over 18 yrs old who has their 1st aid and cpr.
    keivarawn1216

Answer by keivarawn1216 at 7:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2009