Is this normal?

Im 8 weeks pregnant and it seems like everything makes me sad or gets me depressed. I'm SO irrational and overwhelmed by everything. Just getting up and cleaning seems like the hardest task. i havent wanted to even leave my house. I have a 20 month old and im going to school online but it feels like to much so im dropping all my classes but one. I feel like a failure cause i cant get all of this done! I dont know why i feel like this? anyone have any advice or suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You aren't a failure..only pregnant. Unfortunately, all the hormones it takes to support a pregnancy don't always fit well into a sane, organized life. The ups and downs are so normal it's scary. Take it easy on yourself. Don't think about ALL you have to do..just one area. Like don't think of 'cleaning the house'...think..I need to load the dishwasher. Break it down into small managable things. Usually, it gets a little better once you're out of the first trimester.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:30 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• blame it on the hormones. It will get better!
    Anonymous

• It's normal but frustrating. When I was pregnant with my first I slept like 18 hours a day. It will pass. This is very normal for the first trimester. Give it about 5 weeks and you will feel better.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 1:36 PM on Jan. 28, 2009