Could this be what caused my mouth ulcer?

My toddler was sitting in my lap, and i went to take a drink and she bumped my hand, and the straw jammed into my gums pretty hard. It cut them and bled for a couple of minutes.
Anyways, about two days later, i had two mouth ulcers in that spot. They have gotten so unbelievable sore that i can barley eat, cause when i chew, i guess they get rubbed and hurt like crazy.
Could it be from the trauma of the straw cutting the gums?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on May. 16, 2012 in Health

• oh and what else other that orajek, might help?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:32 AM on May. 16, 2012

• yep. once my middle son was nursing and put his little fingers on my mouth so i could give it kisses, he somehow shoved his fingers in my mouth and cut my gums with his nails. i got a terrible canker sore from it.

try these remidies...

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:46 AM on May. 16, 2012

• it might have. I think that some ice packs where it is might help the pain. My mom uses camphophanice or what ever it is for her toothaches, but it is not recommended to be administered orally
    meliscool72

Answer by meliscool72 at 9:59 AM on May. 16, 2012

• Yep, that'll do it! I get them whenever I bite the inside of my mouth. Try putting baking soda or arm & hammer baking soda toothpaste on it- be forewarned, it stings like hell! It helps dry up the sore, & gets rid of the soreness for a while. I put it on the sores before I eat & before bed, usually.
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 10:04 AM on May. 16, 2012

• I get canker sores when I go to the dentist and the tools rub inside my cheek or gums. There is an OTC product called Kanka that provides an anesthetic and a film that covers the sore.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:10 AM on May. 16, 2012