No Child Support

I live in Utah and have tried to get my case going for child support the dead beat dad flat out refuses to pay child support,and they keep asking me if I know where he lives or if I know how to contact him,of course I dont and would rather not know anything about himm,but my sweet hubby is kinda mad that this guy cant pay $160 a month he's been avoiding this since 2005 he just stopped paying altogether. We did go to court a couple times and it hasnt gone any further.And the state doesnt seem like their doing anything. Is thier anything I can do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Hire a private investigator. Obviously not a very good solution if money is an issue. You could try tracking him down through friends and family. Isn't it better that he is not involved if he really does not want to be? Maybe your husband could adopt the child?
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 1:50 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Move on with your life, is all this frustration really worth 160 dollars a month? And if you take money from this person he may at some point want contact with this child, would you want your child to have contact with someone who apparently doesnt want to be bothered with it. It seems you have a wonderful new husband, a nice life, and a great family, leave it at that. This jerk is the one missing out on those wonderful moments you all get to share.

TinasTribe

Answer by TinasTribe at 1:50 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• There is a number...1-800-SUPPORT-KIDS. I haven't used it myself but I have heard that they get results. I would try that if I were you and in the mean time try tracking down any relative or friend you can remember of your child's father's...maybe they can help you get some answers. Good luck:)
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 1:52 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Yeah you can start writing letters to your state rep and governor telling them you need your child support and the worker wants you to do their job for them by locating the deadbeat when they have resources that do that for them. I would call a couple times a week and also write about once a month. I would also start getting in contact with the deadbeats mom, dad, aunts, uncles, brothers, friends, second cousin, ex gfs, lol anyone you can think of. I would let them know he hasnt been paying and you need to know how to get a hold of him. Thats what i did until someone gave it up and cse started doing their jobs.

Answer by gemgem at 1:52 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I tried to get him to pay half on adoption I told him of an attorney thats $600 and yes she is legit! He wants to have it done himself by filing our own papers.etc etc I told him I would rather go through an attorney. and he hasnt talked to me ever since,yes my husband wants to adopt my son but he also wants me to go through an attorney.
    Anonymous

• You dont need his permission. If he hasnt paid child support is 6 mths to a yr and not visited in a yr you can move for a termination of parental rights. They serve him, terminate his rights, and your husband adopts.

Answer by gemgem at 1:58 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I think that depends on the state in PA the bio father has to sign off his rights regaurdless if he has paid or not.
    TinasTribe

Answer by TinasTribe at 2:00 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• how do i do that gemgem?
    Anonymous

• You dont need his permission. If he hasnt paid child support is 6 mths to a yr and not visited in a yr you can move for a termination of parental rights. They serve him, terminate his rights, and your husband adopts..

wait a second is that fair if the mother keeps the father away from the children even though he pays his child support and wants to see his kids??? but when he ask she tells him no and that they don't want to visit??
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 2:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

it is the same in Minnesota..
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 2:03 PM on Jan. 28, 2009