I had my son on Dec. 17th. We want another very soon but how long do you need to wait?

lilehinger

Asked by lilehinger at 1:53 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• WOW.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 1:55 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• You need to wait until your body is back to normal. I would wait at least a year. It can be dangerous to you and the new baby if you get pregnant too soon.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 1:56 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I am not sure if you had a c-section but they said that I should wait 18 months. My sister had a vaginal birth and she was advised to wait 12 months before TTC again.
    But I got pregnant with my second when my first was only 1 so I didnt wait that long and things turned out okay.
    YoungMomtoGirls

Answer by YoungMomtoGirls at 1:57 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Most drs will say to wait one or two years. I was pregnant again 5 months after my son was born. We also wanted ours close. I would advise seeing your dr and seeing what he/she has to say and then going from there.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 1:59 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• My sons birthday is December 17th he is 15 years old.
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 2:01 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Well truthfully, you can get pregnant the next time you ovulate. But should you? No, You should wait For a year or two. Depending on if you had a c-section or vaginal birth.

Answer by louise2 at 2:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• i fell preg again after 5 months , my mate fell preg again after4 weeks....woow. you know its great to have them close together.............later on tat is and only you can make up your own mind. but consider a few things, how much help do you have? when youre 8 months preg and still got a little one, will you need help if you wanna rest. when you got two and your gettin up 4 night feds with the 2nd baby, how will you have a rest in the day... etc etc. its great its brill and worth all tat sososososo hard work.. but it is hard work.
    angelmomma2

Answer by angelmomma2 at 2:09 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Pregnancy reaks a lot of havoc on your body, your hormones and your mental state. It usually takes 6 months or more just to regulate your hormones agin. I would advise you wait at least 6 months before considering trying to conceive. Also , all new babaies sem easy enough the first month or so. Then they wake up and learn how to cry. Taking care of a baby is hard, especially while pregnant with another. Take some time to get to know your son and being yourself again. I have 2 that are 21/2 years apart and sometimes I think I should have waited longer. LOL
    xoandxysmom

Answer by xoandxysmom at 2:16 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I think it depends if you have a csection or vaginal.

My pediatrican suggested DH and I wait 18 months before we try again. This way, everything can heal, internally and with the scars.

My SIL has four kids, all vaginally, and they are all about 18 months apart. Therefore, she was pregnant before the previous kid turned 1. I know she complains about her body now, but her pregnancies, labors and births have been fine.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Sorry I should mention that I had a csection :)
    ap9902