Non-Profit Organization?

I am getting ready to go through finalization of a non-profit organization that I have been planning since I've been like 5 years old! My only problem is, I don't have a name for it?

A little about it: Children who go through amputations. It isn't only the child who goes through the pain, the parent and families do to. Offers free resources of hospitals, other amputees/families to talk to about the choices, teen years, events, and numerous other things. A book will also be published soon that my own mother wrote when I was a baby/child (I am an amputee), called: "The Biggest Decision I Ever Made was for Someone Else."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on May. 16, 2012 in Money & Work

• wow Congratulations on achieving your life dream! I am terrible at coming up with names for things so i can't really help you there but I just wanted to say good job :)
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 1:46 PM on May. 16, 2012

• The Whole Heart Foundation
    Full spirit Foundation
    CASI Childhood Amputee Support Initiative

Anonymous

• I like the saying " Be Unique, It's Beautiful."

I use to want to name it BeautifulWorld... But not now.

Amputees Dream Big Association / ADBA?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:27 PM on May. 16, 2012

• Amp it up
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:11 PM on May. 16, 2012

• Anything you decide on, be sure to check the name is available through the Secretary of State. At least in California, there is a name reservation process you have to go through for any type of organization.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:17 PM on May. 16, 2012

• I've been looking that up today..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:14 PM on May. 16, 2012

• No name ideas, but I think it is great what you are doing. And congrats to your mom on her upcoming book.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 10:34 PM on May. 16, 2012

• You will want to check the state and federal databases, to make sure that the name does not already belong to someone.

If you are looking for a contract grantwriter, send me a message offlist.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:05 AM on May. 17, 2012

• I plan on contacting my attorney today, so I may or may not need a grant writer. But I will def keep that in mind.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:30 AM on May. 17, 2012