Imbolc

I am new to this and was wondering some things to do to celebrate this? I plan on plowing an area for my garden with my daughter to get ready for spring and enjoying some candles. My husband thinks it is some sorta ritual and wants to invite friends however I just want to celebrate the promise of spring with my family and just want to know some things to say and do. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have friends coming over to make candles and have Lamb Stew! 

Also, here is a Journal I wrote about Imbolc! 

Blessed Be!

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:38 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I don't know what Imbolc is.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 4:18 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• This will be the first Imbolc we celebrate together. I am very excited. We will be getting ready for spring. I think I am going to make some spring themed candles. I am also planning on doing some crafts with the kids. If you want some kid oriented crafts, songs to sing, etc. check out.....
    http://members.tripod.com/paganparent-ivil/index.html

There is also a group on Cafemom. Nature's Child where you can get some ideas from if you are interested.

BLESSED BE!
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 4:59 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Freesharose

Imbolc ("IM-bulk" is an ancient festival generally celebrated on January 31, February 1, or February 2. It is also known as Candlemas, Brighid, and Oimelc which means ewe's milk. Imbolc is a Greater Sabbat in the Wiccan year.

The celebration signals the middle of the season of long nights and anticipates the upcoming season of light. Celebrants make Corn Maidens from corn and wheat. The Maidens are dressed up and placed in a cradle known as a "Bride's Bed". A wand, usually tipped with an acorn or other large seed, is placed in the bed with the Maiden. The Maidens are generally kept year round as a symbol of fertility.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 5:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Answered at 3:18 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 by: feesharose

I don't know what Imbolc is.

Click my link...
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 5:08 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Imbolic is one of my favorite holidays. I melt a snowball from the first snow of winter, to symbolize spring coming. (I freeze a snowball from the first snow every year) I will also bless my seeds for spring planting.
    DebbieA

Answer by DebbieA at 10:36 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• If we had any natural greenery at Yule, we take it down and burn it at Imbolc. We usually make or decorate candles, make Brighid's crosses, and start planning our garden too. If it's warm enough, we start clearing the garden and cleaning out the barn, but it's rarely that warm here in February.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 1:46 PM on Jan. 29, 2009