Need a good face regimen but don't what to get.

I just turned 30 and I have never had a "system" to clean my face. I really don't do anything. What works?..not looking for "fountain of youth" although if you have it, where'd you get it and for how much...? I'm looking for something that might "slow" down wrinkles or something that will just make me more "glowy".

Becky247

Asked by Becky247 at 2:10 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Mary Kay makes a really good product.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 2:13 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Clinique! OMG...I love the stuff. I won the three piece skincare set in an online game, and I'm hooked! I got the stuff for acne control but have noticed the lines and wrinkles diminishing as well. Don't know why, don't care. I'm off today to buy a new set, and a few other products I'm interested in. If the cleansing system works as well as it does, I have high hopes for the other stuff in the line.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 2:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Oil based cleansing baby!!!

Virgin coconut oil everyday (baste before the morning shower) plus the occasional olive oil + castor oil mask - works so well. My scrubs are Lush's "Angels with Bare Skin" and straight baking powder, used alternately.

You do NOT need fancy dancy stuff - simple is best.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Any st.Ives product found at walmart (once a day) i'm in my late 30's and look to be in my twenties.
    Also if you do not take a multi vitamin & drink plenty of water that can help.
    Plus anti anging fruits like apples,strawberries,green veggies.
    (Once a month) add vaseline to your face,light coat apply several times a warm wash cloth over face let sit if you have exta wip off gently.
    If you have a dry face do only twice a month too much will build up and cause the pores to eventually clogged than you will get acne.
    My mom did this for years and has won contests for beauty so,heck worth a try for me to.
    Good luck.
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 2:18 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Oh...and you can get the 3 piece introductory set for $15, or the full size for $24.

http://www.clinique.com/templates/products/multiproduct.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY14109

desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 2:23 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• You need 3 things, a cleanser, a toner and a moisturizer.

Drug store products are cheaper and just as good as department store products.   I have just switched from Clinique to Olay because I want the sunscreen in my moisturiser which is the number one defense against skin aging.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:39 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Hi Becky,
    I am 35 and have tried quite a few products.
    I am now using Arbonne anti-aging range and I love it. My pores are the smallest they have been in years and I have a healthy glow.

If you would like to learn more about the products visit http://www.try.myarbonne.com and take a look at information about the products and the company.

Let me know if you have any questions or would like me to send you some samples.
    Rebecca.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 3:45 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Hi Becky,

I'm in total agreement with Aussie. I too am an Arbonne user because of the their amazing skin care products. Way better than the department and drug stores. I'm 40 so I use the anti-aging line. But if you're not concerned about your aging yet, go with the Not-So-Basic line. Love the discounts.
    Do indeed give Aussie a shout.
    Botanic

Answer by Botanic at 5:42 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Simple is best I agree with the other comment...
    First I get a washcloth, let the water get hot, And as hot As I can stand I dab the cloth all over my face, to open the pores, then I use a Mild soap, Called Dr. Bronners Magic Soap ( @ target) put a few drops on the cloth , wash my face with it, Rinse, I use burts bees toner, And Organic Virgin Coconut oil as A Moisterizer. My face feels like silk! Although it Probably helps I'm only 18! lol
    prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 5:59 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Also A lot Of Chemicals that are used in Commercial Products, Like Neutrogena, Olay, and other brands like that, actually speed up the aging process. The Chemicals take away your skins natural defenses against free radicals.
    Coconut Oil helps your skin fight off free radicals, because its anti-viral, and anti-bacterial!
    Anyway good luck on finding something that works for yoU!
    prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 6:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2009